Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sugar CRM Integration

Default Sugar CRM Integration

Just trying to gauge some interest in having OR integrated with Sugar CRM. It will take a good deal of work so I want to make sure it will be worth it. Here is what I plan to do:
    1. Contact forms add the user to the Sugar Leads database and their message is added as a note under that lead. (already available with my contact form addon).
    2. User integration. Agents are added as Employees in Sugar and members are added as Leads.
    3. Property integration. Basic property info (id, title, price, link to listing) are imported into a custom Sugar CRM module. Properties are assigned to the agent(employee) and can be linked to leads, contacts, activities, notes, etc.
    4. When a user adds a property to their favorites, the property is linked to the corresponding lead in Sugar and a note is added that they are interested in the property.
    5. When anyone contacts the agent about a specific property, they are added as a lead (if they don't already exist), assigned to the listing agent, and the property is linked to the lead in Sugar CRM as a property they are interested in.
    6. When a member saves a search, they are added as a lead (if they don't already exist) and the search criteria is added as a note under the lead so you know what type of property they are looking for.
    7. Page in sugar that displays the OR admin screen so agents and admins can manage everything through Sugar.
    8. Other custom Sugar modules to let you manage your leads and properties in 1 location.
    I have already looked into what it would take to accomplish the above and I'm ready to start coding. Before I do, I want to see how many people would be interested and what they think this is worth.

If you're familiar with Sugar you should be able to see how the above mentioned features would help your overall management of customers and listings.

If you're not familiar with Sugar you can get more info here. The community edition is free and will be able to do everything mentioned above.

What does everyone think and what would you be willing to pay for this type of integration?

Default Re: Sugar CRM Integration

Sounds like this would fill a big gap in the online lead capture strategy.

Our site generates a fair number of leads and we struggle with capturing and tracking the leads so that they can be converted to sales. We have looked at Sugar but it still required manual entering of leads and it does not handle real estate activity well, as is. However with the addon module you talk about above it seems like this would make a very good package. Sugar brings a lot of functionality that is useful for agents and brokers who are serious about their online strategy.

The broker will be able to assign leads to agents through Sugar, that much we know and the broker can track how successful we are at closing the leads. All good functionality.

I would be interested in this functionality and I am quite sure that my broker will be as well.
    Carl in New Hampshire

Red face Re: Sugar CRM Integration

We used Sugar in the past but found it too slow and resource hungry. We moved to vTiger six months ago and like it a lot.

However, I was hoping that a lite CRM could be built into OR itself. Much of the information is already there; agents, properties, members.

Would it not be practical to use OR as the base?

I for one would contribute (financially) for that sort of approach.
    Cheers,

Simon
    [www.livingstonehills.com

I can't speak for everyone but I would guess Wordpress/MovableType would get a lot more use.

We used Sugar in the past but found it too slow and resource hungry.
    Haven't had that issue but I'm also running it on a very good server. We use a pretty complex CRM at my normal job. While it is a little slow at some tasks, it makes up for it in the time it saves with automated tasks, emails, etc. At first people were complaining that it took a few seconds longer to send an email. Once they realized a lot of their emails could be automated, they realized that the few extra seconds on 1 email was nothing compared to the time saved by having most of their emails automated. Last year our CRM system sent 78,000 automated emails. Approx 50,000 of these would have been sent manually in the past. The other 28,000 were supplemental emails that were never sent in the past and helped a lot with customer relations and retention.
    Would it not be practical to use OR as the base?
    It would take a lot more work. While the agents, properties, and members are already there, there is no email program, calendar, notes, etc. All of this would have to be coded. Then you would need code to set relationships between various items.

I haven't looked at vtiger yet. I'll have to look at it and see if that is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I can't speak for everyone but I would guess Wordpress/MovableType would get a lot more use.
    Maybe if you're looking for a blog integration. This is about CRM integration.

sned me the bill when you get it to work .. im in !

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    I haven't looked at vtiger yet. I'll have to look at it and see if that is an option.
    Vtiger is just SugarCRM but includes all the necessary stuff like Apache/mySQL and etc in an all-in-one package.

Think: Xampp version of SugarCRM.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

It has been a while, but at one point about a 18 months ago I installed several of the CRM packages to play around with them. Of all of them I looked at, Sugar seemed to be the most refined and the most flexible.

1) It seems to make it easy to rename field labels to whatever you want
    2) it has a built in form designer to rearrange all of the forms
    3) the ability to turn modules on and off.

What makes the above so useful to use is that
    1) the fields can be renamed to use terms that match real estate terms
    2) forms can be easily redesigned to make them Realtor friendly
    3) modules can be turned off. For instance the case module, the bug tracking module and even the quoting module probably are not needed by us realtors.

This enables the majority of us to adapt the software to our business process. It also seems like Sugar has a huge amount of community support.

When I looked into CRM packages in the past the things that were missing were the ability to integrate it to the leads coming from my site and the ability to incorporate properties into the program.

It sounds like PBflash is addressing these two issues.

I look forward to the day when an lead from my web site fills out a form that gets emailed to me. that email produces a new contact in the database and also logs that inquirey to the listing. The lead can be followed up and turned into a client and I have one place where I can track the leads, the properties they have looked at as well as look at a property and see all of the leads that have shown an interest in it.

Right now I have to use several software packages to track this info and it is not all available to me from any computer.

From a broker standpoint this will allow them to see how many leads they are getting, where the leads are coming from, how many leads are being converted into clients and how many of those are closing on properties. A good CRM package can enable this type of tracking.

This is huge!
    Carl in New Hampshire

Hey PBflash,

yep I just started using Sugar CRM for my small business and found it perferct for our needs. we needed a stream lined way to follow up and close out potentual clients that we attain via our OR based website and it fit the bill perfect.

I live in 1 state and my partner lives 1400 kms away in another so it made working together on sales and such much easier.

the idea of it being joined with OR.... woooowww that would be a big bonus for all people using both.

Im behind it let me know if you are GREEN lighting it??

best wishes

DJ
    --------------------------------------------------
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
    --------------------------------------------------

My contact form addon is already setup to add the sender to the Sugar lead database and to add the email message as a note under the lead.

Other stuff will come as I get more time to work on it.