Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sugar CRM Integration

Default Re: Sugar CRM Integration

I have implimented and use both Sugar and Vtiger -

Vtiger is way way behind sugar in terms of code. In short vtiger is a hacked up version of Sugar - Vtiger does have some good things when it comes to cost. You will find very little support. It is also very insecure 2times clients have been hacked.

Vtiger code is simply - hack after hack after hack - Junk as far as Im concerned.

The biggest problem if you want to call it a problem is that they make you pay for MS Office plugins - for merges and etc.. 115.00 one time. or annual per user.

Works arounds are available - But in the end you will WANT to pay someone to be responsible for your solution...

The best things in life are NOT for Free!

If your intersted in talking more we would be happy to chat -

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Read somewhere that the fork that became vTiger started off since many Sugar users were concerned that Sugar packaged many of the goodies under enterprise versions that they are charging for. Have myself chosen Sugar to be the CRM system I am trying to integrate with since I beleive that the Sugar community and the Sugar brand are much stronger than vTiger's. Correct? Therefore I guess that Sugar is advancing much faster than vTiger? Have read so in some tech paper or such as well. Make sense? The development progress will be important for the future. More features, mobile addons etc. Right?

One problem I have found with Sugar is that it is mainly B2B focused. All "opportunities" must have an "account". An account is by default a Company. As an estate agent our clients are generally people and not companies. I will need to set up duplicates of leads and accounts to log that I have a potential sale comming up(opportunity). Latest thing I use is creating a duplicate conact as and Account. I will have a client called John Doe and an account I name "John Doe ACC". My staff will hate this when we get that far.

But the only work arounds I have found is to :

1. Disable account as a required field for opportunities. But what I have understood accounts are nessecary for a lot of functions. Like sending out quotations. We do not charge the buyers - only sellers - so this is however not such a big deal for us. Any other useful functions for an estate agent I can not tell yet.
    2. Duplicate contacts / accounts . What I have found so far this seems to be the recommend work around (messy with many very similar records).
    3. Create an Account called N/A you assign opportunities related to a contact or lead to. (Would this not be my biggest client when I do forecasts etc?)

Same issue with vTiger?

Would like to try out the contact form with Sugar connection. Is it very timecconsuming to get it running?

Sure, would be happy to chat about it! Started using SugarCRM as a part of my daily work. Really like it. The accounts problem I complained about before is not such a big deal. Usually I will add contacts for Jane Doe and John Doe and then an account for the Doe family that I will register an opportunity for in case some one is really interested after a viewing. The MS plug in is the real problem as you say! The built in SugarCrm email client is junk! Attachments falling out, formatting difficult, pasting HTML ends up everywhere. Need to use Outlook. Found some 3rd party plugins but they all seem discontinued and unsupported. This 115 dollars sounds interesting? You hvae found a working office plugin that you can get without having to get the full SugarCRM professional suite? Pricing for that I find is $275.00 per user and year, right?

Hm, for the fast stack version on site version I think we would go for it turns out to be:

Your shopping cart

Sugar Professional FastStack

Sugar Professional FastStack

List price: $499.00
    Selected options:
    Subscriptions: 5 x 275.00 = $1,375.00 (Minimum 5 users)

$1,375.00 + $499.00 = $1,874.00

---

Getting to a painful level...

Yes yes .. It is hard to decide what is the best options to choose. You may not need to go the faststack or even Pro.

The faststack is if you want to host yourself. The pro does have more features out of the box.

PM me your contact info and we can chat

Did you ever progress on the integration with Sugar or any other CRM?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesquin View Post
    Did you ever progress on the integration with Sugar or any other CRM?
    Yes we have integrated the sugar to OR... feel free to PM me for details.

Thumbs up Re: Sugar CRM Integration

Count me in!! I'd pay for this! I just started using Sugar Pro and it blows the socks off of any other CRM I've used. They host it & set it up for you. Really fast and can use it from by Blackberry!!

Very powerful. Top Producer struggled. I do a lot of leasing and it was all configured for sales. I can do almost anything with Sugar CRM Pro.

Integrating it with my Open Realty site would be wonderful.

Let me know. Please keep me posted.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    Does Vtiger have a module builder like Sugar? I am using the Sugar module builder to setup a module for basic listing data. I will then have an addon for OR that updates the listing data in Sugar. Then you could link items to your listings like leads, notes, appointments, etc. Using the module builder is much easier than trying to write a module from scratch.

There are license fees for certain versions of Sugar but most of the stuff that a RE office/agent will need is available in the free version.
    ANy update on your sugarCRM module?
    Lee Forbes PA

REALTOR / Designer

FloridaPropertyOnline.com

GulfsideLand.com