Thread: Custom made Listing templates

Default Custom made Listing templates

I use OR 2.5.2 and want to change the listing templates. I need to do a lot more than the edit function available, which probably means creating a new listing template. Could someone sketch out the steps for creating a new/custom listing template?
    thanks much

Default Re: Custom made Listing templates

Modify or copy and modify one of the existing listing templates. Use the docs to see the template tags that are available on the listing detail pages.

I looked in docs and found a long list of mods for the listing template, and I am able to modify the template some from admin/edit listing template. I would like to create a unique template for one choice, can be done I suppose? I could not find that idea in docs, "make your own", probably there, just not seeing it. or is discussed in sysops? access.

steps might be? copy the exisiting template which is for RE info and then modify it, or rewrite following the orginal as a model... where is the original RE template to copy? a doc for that exactly maybe not there yet? OR is not static html, so my approach is old build a page thinking html, so I probably could use a short step>step flow chart for the how to and then I need to dig in and do a hello world study to get it.
    thanks much,

I use OR 2.5.2 and want to change the listing templates
    What exactly do yo mean by "listing template"?

there are templates in admin for add listing+ & edit listing. Right now I'm able to modify the edit listing template (and I am using addon_userpage which is GREAT because it shows the main items I want add/edit user/edit listing and deletes some admin functions... I'd like to modify it some more. I'm working now to understand how to make a custom add & edit template and then refer to it instead of the admin model. This template will be used by seller and I'd like to remove admin access link entirely at the top, for ex?
    thanks