Thread: The File is too Large:

Default The File is too Large:

Note: this is for file attachment uploads, not images.

I have been getting this error message from day one and have gotten around it by reducing the size of the PDF's I upload. However, sometimes it's not possible due to the need for a print quality document. I have made all the file/folder attribute changes as specified, made the changes to the settings within the control panel and yet it never changes the size allowed for uploading. Does anyone know what is happening and perhaps there is a way I can make a manual edit to get around this error? I really need to be able to upload 3-5mb files. Thanks all.

Default Re: The File is too Large:

Check with your host. By default php is set to only allow 2MB uploads. They would need to increase it for you.

Thanks Pbflash. I learn something new everyday.

Kajang, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, 109921245703854, Kajang, Malaysia

I got this problem today and i never touch any setting in my website. before this i never have this problem in this website. but today the problem occur. i have check with my hosting provider and they said there is no limit set for my website to upload through ftp.

any body know what is the problem? i have setup max size allow in my site config today but still have the problem.
    www.hartanah2u.com/ - Real Estate Agent
    www.putraproperty.com/ - Malaysia Real Estate Free Portal
    www.rescom.my/ - My Company Website
    www.iklansini.com/ - Classified Ads using OR

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by budin24 View Post
    I got this problem today and i never touch any setting in my website. before this i never have this problem in this website.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    Check with your host. By default php is set to only allow 2MB uploads. They would need to increase it for you.
    Not something you can change yourself usually, its using PHP and not FTP to perform the uploads, and PHP definitely has a default setting of 2MB. Sounds like you have a clueless host, which is not unusual these days since anyone with $30/month can become a "host".
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Kajang, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, 109921245703854, Kajang, Malaysia

just realize that all my OR website in same hosting with different domain has same problem. cannot upload images in image editor. before this, everything work fine. any ideas?
    www.hartanah2u.com/ - Real Estate Agent
    www.putraproperty.com/ - Malaysia Real Estate Free Portal
    www.rescom.my/ - My Company Website
    www.iklansini.com/ - Classified Ads using OR

If you haven't changed anything, check with your host. If things were working and all of a sudden stop and you have not changed anything in OR, it is usually because your host changed something on the server.