Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: : You forgot to fill out one of the required fields.

Default : You forgot to fill out one of the required fields.

We've just noticed that our 2.5.3 installation is rejecting all new and updated entries, with the following message. Naturally our first step has been to disable all addons but the situation remains.

Is anyone else having this is issue at all?

Thanks

Jules

Default Re: : You forgot to fill out one of the required fields.

You have a field marked as required that is not getting a value entered. Check to make sure if you have any checkbox of select fields marked as a required you are entering data as they were not correctly "required" in the past.

Lightbulb Re: : You forgot to fill out one of the required fields.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for that; all of the "*" marked fields are completed, in fact to guarantee I got it right I filled every field..

When I look at the source of the page I can see the validation javascript and I can see that it is testing for fields that are part of different pClasses; so, for example, if I am entering details of a house for sale [pClass #1] the javascript is attempting to test for the rent field as well [pClass #5].

Of course the rent field does not appear in the form so it cannot be completed.

Right now my tests have removed all addons [no effect] and changing the admin template to see if there's any javascript calls in my template tht should not be there [no effect]; as a hobby-techie I'm beginning to run out of ideas...

Thanks, Jules.
    Last edited by julianps; 09-30-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Update latest test results.

Question Re: : You forgot to fill out one of the required fields.

I'm moving this one to the bug-tracker as, on our Shared Hosting account we can replicate the error and a new, clean, install of 253.

Go to the "Edit Listing Template" and create a new field called "rent"|"Monthly Rent", make it required field for Rental [pClass #5].

Go to "Edit All Listings", open White House and at the bottom of the page select Update;
    : You forgot to fill out one of the required fields.
    Here's a code extract from View Source;
    Code:
    if ( document.update_listing.rent.value == "" )
    {
    msg += 'You Forgot to Complete the Monthly Rent Field.\r\n';
    valid = false;
    }
    I do not know why it returns a generic, as opposed to field-specific, error message.

I cannot confirm that this is a server-specific issue right now.

jiF

Quote Originally Posted by julianps View Post
    Is anyone else having this is issue at all?
    I am also having a similar issue... But mine is when i edit any of the agent account information...it is fine with editing the listing... When i hit the update button after filling out all of the required fields.... It takes me back to the login page admin/index.php?action=user_manager&edit=1 ...and on screen You didn't fill in a required field. displays...

I have not tested before but i tested editing one of the agents info after inserting a new field called "Company" into the Agent Sign Up page form.

Thanks nazlican,

You might want to go over to the bug-tracker forum and include this as well, just in case it is a different validation routine.

jiF

Julian's bug is solved in SVN and pending a 2.5.4 release.. The other issue agent form validation I am not able to reproduce. If you believe it is a bug please file a bug report and steps to reproduce the error.

greengiant,

It was because of the core changes we did in login.inc.php file...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    Julian's bug is solved in SVN and pending a 2.5.4 release..
    Do us drones have access to SVN or must we wait for 2.5.4 to hit-the-streets..?

jiF

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Anyone can access the SVN repository, assuming they know how to use one.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way