Thread: open realty & joomla help

Smile open realty & joomla help

Can someone help with telling me how to set this up, and also would like to set this up, on a html site.

*Moderated. references unsupported 3rd party product

Thanks Rob.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: open realty & joomla help

I'd recommend using CMSRealty, a proven, supported, and documented connector between Open-Realty and Joomla.

You won't find support available here for third party products, I'd suggest asking for help wherever you obtained it.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The ETA of the latest version of CMSRealty is around 1 january 2009 if you are a premium member of CMSRealty or donate. Public availability will be around 15 february 2009.

I suggest you'll wait till CMSRealty is available for J1.5! and you'll have a proven solution.

Smile Re: openrealty help on my site

Ok I just want to show properties on my site with out using openrealty template, just the cms template, but I have tried, and it dose not show search for propreties, just text and the white house in thumbnail in upper left corner. Please help.
    Thanks Rob.

Default Re: openrealty help on my site

Quote Originally Posted by Remax View Post
    Ok I just want to show properties on my site with out using openrealty template, just the cms template, but I have tried, and it dose not show search for propreties, just text and the white house in thumbnail in upper left corner. Please help.
    Thanks Rob.
    Sorry, but that's kind of funny...
    That's just exactly what the cms template is all about... it doesn't add any style the way the other templates do. In fact, as I recall, it doesn't even produce a complete html document unless used within cmsrealty.
    I think that if you want a "custom" template that shows what you want how you want, you're going to have to learn how to build one or pay someone to build it for you.
    joe

If he was using CMS Realty he could setup the link so it points to the search page like he wants. He is using an unsupported 3rd party product so he needs to check with them on how to configure his setup.

I just installed Joomla with CSM and loved the fact that I can combine users with Joomla and OR. What I did was, post an ad on craigslist. I'm meeting someone who's helping me out with that. Try posting on Craigslist under Computer Gigs. Best Help.
    OR Rulezzzz

What I did was, post an ad on craigslist.
    Why not post in the commercial work section of the CMS Realty forum? That way you can help support the developer or other people that support the script you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    Why not post in the commercial work section of the CMS Realty forum? That way you can help support the developer or other people that support the script you need help with.
    I posted for a "Tutor" ad so he can show me in person on how to do everything in Joomla.
    OR Rulezzzz

Quote Originally Posted by nycbrokerfreedotcom View Post
    I posted for a "Tutor" ad so he can show me in person on how to do everything in Joomla.
    OK. If you need help with using CMS Realty please post in the CMS Realty forums.