Thread: Edit listings template tags on another page

Default Edit listings template tags on another page

I purchased an addon that creates custom edit/add listing pages. I love the idea but the addon is terrible, and doesn't work correctly. I would have loved to ask the developer these questions but they have either disappeared, or don't return requests for support. I have fixed several problems but there a few more to go. The addon is basically an edited version of the listing_editor.inc.php functions and uses html pages to render tags like {listing_field_beds}, {listing_field_baths}, etc..

I can get the custom add/edit page to render all the form elements that I created using OR's Edit Listing Template page. But that's it. I need it to render all the Edit listings template tags listed in the documentation, as well as the list of agents in the DB so the admin can enter listings and assign them to the agent accounts.

I'm pretty sure this will require editing core files that's why I posted it here.

Thank You!

Default Re: Edit listings template tags on another page

It would require editing the addon that you purchased not the OR core files. Since the addon sounds like it takes the place of the OR functions those are what need to be modified.

Since it is a commercial addon, posting its code here (if its not encoded) would likely be a violation of your license with the developer thus we can't really help with commercial addon support or modifications. You must contact the developer for support with the addon.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Hello,
    just a quick note/warning: I have problems with the same addon/developer too.

After purchasing this edit/add listing page addon and after having (different from JayCee's) problems with this addon no support email got answered.

This really disappointing me as the developer is a quite active member of this forum and the addon not a cheap one (50$).

Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    I purchased an addon that creates custom edit/add listing pages. I love the idea but the addon is terrible, and doesn't work correctly. I would have loved to ask the developer these questions but they have either disappeared, or don't return requests for support. I have fixed several problems but there a few more to go. The addon is basically an edited version of the listing_editor.inc.php functions and uses html pages to render tags like {listing_field_beds}, {listing_field_baths}, etc..

I can get the custom add/edit page to render all the form elements that I created using OR's Edit Listing Template page. But that's it. I need it to render all the Edit listings template tags listed in the documentation, as well as the list of agents in the DB so the admin can enter listings and assign them to the agent accounts.

I'm pretty sure this will require editing core files that's why I posted it here.

Thank You!
    Really depends on how the developer coded the addon, but you should see lines similar to:

Code:
    $beds = listing_pages::renderSingleListingItem($listingID, 'beds', 'value')
    This gives the field value of beds for this listing ($listingID) to the variable $beds

You should see a coinciding tag creation call:
    Code:
    $search_result = $page->parse_template_section($search_result, 'beds', $beds);
    This creates a tag {beds}

But again, the variable names can vary.

This area of the forum is for changes to OR coding. It is not for support or complaints on commercial addons. Thread will be closed.