Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It won't add new or edit existing listing

Default It won't add new or edit existing listing

Hi my fellow open-realtyians. I am here to see if anyone can tell me why the script stop adding new listing and editting existing listing.

It no longer let me edit or add new listings for some reasons. When I try to add a listing, I get a message saying...

": Please fill out one of the required field"

There is a semicolon (sp) and I figured that it should say something like...

"Error: Please fill out one of the required field"

I filled all the required fields and I still get this message. I don't even know why it still doesnt work after days of research and multiple tests of other things to get it to work.

Any comment or advice is appreciated.
    ~Knute~
    "Getting it done is better than perfect"

Default Re: It won't add new or edit existing listing

What version of OR are you using? If it's not the current version, upgrade and see if the error is still there. I think there was a bug in past versions with required fields in different property classes.

I am using version 2.5.3. I did once thought about uninstalling OR, reinstall it and put everything back the way it was to see if it would work. I posted here first in hopes to find the solution.
    ~Knute~

You don't need to uninstall and reinstall, just do an upgrade. The bug you have was fixed in version 2.5.5.

I see the word upgrade on this forum many times before but I don't even know how it is done. Do I go to the download page on OR and download 2.5.6 in the same folder?
    ~Knute~

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

"Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I followed the guide at the link that you gave me and I have a question. Do I have to up load all these files? I mean, there is hundreds of files that I have to upload one by one. Its pretty exhausting.

When I downloaded OR for the first time, I used the fantastico in my control panel. It downloaded everything at once. Is there any way I can do this with version 2.5.6? Because my fantastico will only download version 2.5.3.
    ~Knute~

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by marketingisking View Post
    I
    When I downloaded OR for the first time, I used the fantastico in my control panel. It downloaded everything at once. Is there any way I can do this with version 2.5.6? Because my fantastico will only download version 2.5.3.
    Ahhh Fantastico.. No wonder. I don't think you can ever get a Fantastico install of OR that is up to date with the latest version.

Yes, you need to upload all the files. An FTP client should be able to handle this completely unattended for you.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

There are plenty of free ftp clients available that can upload them all for you. No need to do 1 at a time through your control panel.

Got it to work now but I am not sure if I even upgraded it. At the end of the installation, I got this message....

Code:
    We are now going to populate the database.
    ERROR - CREATE TABLE default_controlpanel ( controlpanel_version CHAR VARYING(15) NOT NULL , controlpanel_basepath CHAR VARYING(150) NOT NULL, controlpanel_baseurl CHAR VARYING(150) NOT NULL, controlpanel_admin_name CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_admin_email CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_company_name CHAR VARYING(45), controlpanel_company_location CHAR VARYING(45), controlpanel_company_logo CHAR VARYING(45), controlpanel_url_style INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_template CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_admin_template CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_listing_template CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_template CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_search_result_template CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_lang CHAR(2) NOT NULL, controlpanel_listings_per_page INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_num_featured_listings INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_add_linefeeds INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_strip_html INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_allowed_html_tags CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_money_sign CHAR VARYING(20) NOT NULL, controlpanel_show_no_photo INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_number_format_style INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_money_format INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_date_format INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_listings_uploads INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_listings_upload_size INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_listings_upload_width INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_listings_upload_height INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_user_uploads INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_user_upload_size INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_user_upload_width INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_user_upload_height INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_vtour_uploads INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_vtour_upload_size INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_max_vtour_upload_width INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_allowed_upload_extensions CHAR VARYING(45) NOT NULL, controlpanel_make_thumbnail INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_thumbnail_width INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_gd_version INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_thumbnail_prog CHAR VARYING(20) NOT NULL, controlpanel_path_to_imagemagick CHAR VARYING(255) NOT NULL, controlpanel_resize_img INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_jpeg_quality INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_use_expiration INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_days_until_listings_expire INT4 NOT NULL, controlpanel_allow_member_signup INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_allow_agent_signup INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_active INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_admin INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_feature INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_moderate INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_logview INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_edit_site_config INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_edit_member_template INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_edit_agent_template INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_agent_default_edit_listing_template INT2 NOT NULL, controlpanel_view_log_help_link TEXT NOT NULL,
    This thing above is only half of the error code. The thread won't let me post over 10000 characters. I am not sure what the error is or if there is really any error since the problem that I was having is now fixed.

Everything seems fine when I checked everything but when I tried to preview a pdf file on the edit listing page, I get this message...

Code:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /listing/files/listings/8/1812wreservevancouver.pdf on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    And on all pages' title, I still see this "Open-Realty 2.5.3" as a title. It makes me wonder if my OR has been upgraded to 2.5.6 yet. Am I doing something wrong here?
    ~Knute~