Thread: custom template

Default custom template

I'm trying to make a template and have had some success. The one thing I can't work out and don't see on the template wiki, is how to display the registration form when someone click on the 'agent signup' link.

So far I've modified main.html, using the included rounded_boxes template as a starting point. I understand how to add the template tags to my new main.html, but by what means is the agent signup form displayed via '...index.php?action=signup&type=agent' when you click on that link?

I'd really appreciate some tips or a pointer to appropriate documentation.

Thanks.

Joe

Default Re: custom template

The agent signup form is not templated. It is dynamically created based on the fields you setup in the 'Edit Agent Template' on the admin screen.

I read in another post that you can't link directly to the agent signup form, that it's a protection built into OR.
    What I ended up doing as a workaround was to create a new page in the page editor with the following:

HTML Code:
    <a href="{url_agent_signup}" title="Agent Signup">Agent Sign-up</a></br></br>
    <a href="{url_agent_login}" title="Agent Login">Agent Login</a>
    Then linking to the new page for agents to sign-up - basically made it an admin area for agents.

I hope that helps!
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

Hi Lynne,

that sounds like a good plan to me, but I'm not sure I understand you correctly:

Are you saying you link to this new page you create (which contains those two links you mentioned) and then on the new page you click on the links and that it then generates the signup pages?

Sorry if I'm being dim and thanks very much for your advice!

Joe

Are you saying you link to this new page you create (which contains those two links you mentioned) and then on the new page you click on the links and that it then generates the signup pages?
    Yes, that's pretty much it. Because if I just link to http://www.mysite.com/index.php?acti...nup&type=agent I get "Not Authorized".
    That's the only way I could figure out how to do it.
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

Thumbs up Re: custom template

Hi Lynne,

thanks very much for your kind advice. I'll certainly give that a try. I was thinking that maybe I had done all my fancy custom templating and whatnot for nothing! I think I've made life difficult for myself by assuming that I could start off with doing my own design, and then just "drop in" the OR bits of code where I wanted it. It never occurred to me that the signup page wasn't templated. Maybe is should be..?

Will post back anyway when I find a solution or if your suggestion works.

Regards,
    Joe

No Problem Joe - I just thought I could share what I had spent time trying to figure out!
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

can you help me understand why I can not use PageID=# with the agent sign up page. The page loads the desired html, however, the signup page displays "Not Authorized"

An example of code in question follows "index.php?action=signup&type=agent&PageID=header" where "header" is the PageID #.

I believe I found the answer to my question but have not yet tested it. The main template tags for " url_agent_signup" which places the URL for a visitor to sign up as an agent on the site should be used inside of the check guest permission tags.

It worked!!! The desired result was to call the agent sign up page while using a header that is different from the main page template. The code that worked for me is such: <a href= "{url_agent_signup}&PageID=header"> agent signup test </a>
    Last edited by kotten; 02-05-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: discovered the answer I was looking for

kotten

may i ask how did you implement the agent sign up in the body of the html?thx

copy your main.html file and rename it pageSOMETHING_main.html

If you are using search friendly urls the go to your htaccess file and place this line:

RewriteRule ^new_signup.html index.php?action=signup&type=agent&PageID=SOMETHIN G [L]

I placed this directly under the agent_signup.html rewriterule, but it should not matter where it is placed.

Then anywhere you have {url_agent_signup}, hardcode the RewriteRule you created ..example (<a href="new_signup.html" title="Member Signup">Register</a>)

I have tested this and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps