Thread: [Featured listing] How to show listing details in full width in joomla?

Default [Featured listing] How to show listing details in full width in joomla?

Hi all,

I'am working on a Joomla 1.5/OR/CMSRealty combo and have been struggling to get my featured listing to work properly.

All I want to do is exactly what is demonstrated on the CMSRealty website(or OR website): once the user clickes a property under Featured Listing, the page will display the property details in FULL WIDTH. Such as this link: http://www.cmsrealty.org/listing-example-listing-1.html

Yup, sure it sounds simple but I just have no clue how to do it!!

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Cheers,
    Chao

Default Re: [Featured listing] How to show listing details in full width in joomla?

Could you explain what you mean by full width? I saw your example link but don't understand why your site wouldn't do the same without modification. What does your site do instead of full width?

Regards.

Default Re: [Featured listing] How to show listing details in full width in joomla?

Set the menu id in the module to the id of a menu item that is setup to not show any other modules.

Thank you very much pbflash !!

Problem solved after I create a new menu, set it to display only under Home (which is what I want) and link the menu ID of Featured Listing to the new menu. And whallah~~

Just been wondering, is this what happen typically (the use of Joomla menu) or just a smart work around - when you are trying to display something in full width, but don't have the option to do it?

Again many many thanks!

Just been wondering, is this what happen typically (the use of Joomla menu) or just a smart work around
    Joomla uses the menu id to control what modules display on the page. In order to control itmes that don't have menu links, you need to give them a menu id that is setup to show what you want.