Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redirecting members after login and logout - Half way there, assistance required

Default Re: Redirecting members after login and logout - Half way there, assistance required

Not sure what you could mean? The solution to my problem was in the post immediately before mine. "In login.inc.php change the header command on line 199 to redirect to where you want." from pb. Or am I missing your point?

Default Re: Redirecting members after login and logout - Half way there, assistance required

I still have problem with redirect after logout. error message
    Forbidden

On address url = http://test.xxxxxxx.com/%20//test.xx....com/index.php

You don't have permission to access / //test.xxxxxxx.com/index.php on this server.

I am not activated .htaccess yet.
    Can anybody help me pls. I realy appreciated thank you

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    Hi all.

What I would like:
    That members click a a "login" button on the main menu, which drops down a login form for them to "sign in" to a generic "members area". Having signed in I would like them whisked directly there. The main menu link then changes to "logout". When that is pressed they are simply deposited back on the home page.

What I have already accomplished:
    All of the above, except the redirect to a chosen page after login. The main nav button is a simple matter of surrounding the login button with {check_guest} and the logout button with {check_member} tags. The drop down form I animated with jQuery.

How I redirected after logout:
    I managed to redirect back to the home page (rather than the "original" sign in form) by changing line 399 of "login.inc.php":

Code:
     // Refresh the screen
                    if ($type == 'admin') {
                            header('Location:' . $config['baseurl'] . '/admin/');
    Changed to:
    Code:
    // Refresh the screen
                    if ($type == 'admin') {
                            header('Location:' . $config['baseurl'] . '/');
    The help I require:
    Could someone please indicate the core changes required to redirect to a specific page on successful sign in?

Many thanks as always.

Is this line number still the same in the new version of OR? Looking to change the re-direct page in the current version? Any thoughts I want to direct the logged in person back to the main.html as a logged in user to view the {member or agent info} instead of going to the admin page. Is this possible?

Might seem stupid but why not just have your login link pointing at whatever you want them to go to?
    This would put them through the login and automatically on to your page
    like admin/index.php?action=user_manager
    which would take someone through the login and straight on to the user manager

If you wanted the url to look neater you could use an htaccess rewrite
    This would save you changing core files.

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    I didn't realize the content you want restricted was within OR.

In login.inc.php change the header command on line 199 to redirect to where you want.
    How would I do the same thing but for after signing up the first time (not on login every time)?