Thread: OR Templating with Joomla

Default OR Templating with Joomla

I see that OR has a templating system. However, do these templates work with Joomla?

For instance, when I do a search and results are returned when I use the random property or featured property module what is actually controlling the look and feel?

I have a great Joomla template however I really lose with how listings look with the integration with CMS Realty and OR.

Please help!

Default Re: OR Templating with Joomla

CMS Realty questions should really be posted in the CMS Realty forum.

phflash,

Well that's what I'm asking. So OR templates have nothing to do with how listing are rendered in Joomla???

Yes they do but your questions have to do with the random and featured CMS Realty modules. These are not part of OR so they are not really supported in this forum.

Actually pbflash I'm asking about the look and feel which If I understand correctly is actually controlled from within OR. The random and featured modules of CMS were mentioned to be specific about my issue. I understand your point but it can be a little confusing for someone like myself. Based off my investigation I figured that the look and feel would be controlled via OR so I posted the question here. Sending me to CMS was confusing and adds time to my solving my problem. But I think I got it now or is at least 1 step closer.

On to another point, template/cms_integration html files are using tables. Is there any push or move to use 100% CSS for layout?

Thanks

While the look and feel are controlled by the OR templates, most people in the OR forum are not using CMS Realty so they would not know how the display is contolled in CMS Realty.

I'm not sure how sending you to the proper place to get answers adds time to solving your problem.

On to another point, template/cms_integration html files are using tables. Is there any push or move to use 100% CSS for layout?
    Even if you make a 100% CSS template, the OR code still generates tables so you wouldn't have a 100% CSS site. I think OR 3.0 will be all CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by dauricejordan View Post
    Actually pbflash I'm asking about the look and feel which If I understand correctly is actually controlled from within OR. ....

Thanks
    Let's see if I can answer your question in a different way. Joomla controls the template or look and feel of the site design so if your Joomla template contains tables you are stuck with them. Most of the OR search and listing templates in the cms_integration folder contain tables. You can eliminate the tables if you want to put in the effort. Personally, I am a css freak and welcome the move to 100% css in ver 3, but in the meantime my thinking is that the search and listing templates work well and validate so why fix something that is not broken.

Regards,
    Aden

aden/pbflash,

I agree with your points. I am beginning to understand how everything ties in together. Thanks for your feedback!

I've just been working on this problem. For me, it seems that CMS Realty imports the entire main.html page from the active OR template, rather than just the body or just the main content. Thus, all the styles, header, sidebar, etc. get thrown inside my Joomla template.
    Rather than using the CMS Integration template (which, as you say, relies on tables), I just created a copy of the default OR template, and I cut down the main.html document to include no style info, no side menu or headers. It doesn't even have a DTD at the top, since it's never meant to be called outside of Joomla. Then I'm left with just the most basic component, which is a bunch of stylable divs full of the OR stuff I need.

The CMS integration main template does not rely on tables. Look at the contents of the cms integration main.html file.

<!-- start_html -->
    {load_js}
    {license_tag}
    {tabbed_js}
    <div class="content">
    <!-- OR files go here -->
    {content}
    </div>
    <!-- end_html -->

Most of the tables you see are generated by the OR code, not by the template.