Thread: UMP with russian, japanese english , turkish, arabic and french language

Question UMP with russian, japanese english , turkish, arabic and french language

hi there
    I installed an UMP 2.5.6 with like above languages, as far as english and french concerns, only putting charset="utf-8" in meta tag of main.html in admin template is enough to display the characters correct.

when for the other languages, I fill description field which is in tinymyce, It goes fine and it displayed the fonts correctly on the front page of the site,
    when the listing is addedd, all the fonts become corrupted, if I don't do any thing, it still shows correct fonts on site, but If I do an update of this listing, ''ofcourse with corrupted fonts", the fonts are shown strenge and meaningless.
    what I did:
    /admin/template/ar/main.html
    /admin/template/zh/main.html
    /admin/template/ja/main.html
    /admin/template/tr/main.html
    etc.
    charset=utf-8 has been added.

2- in htaccess the addcharset utf-8 has been added.
    3- all above files have been opened in notepad ++ (they were in ANSI), I converted to utf-8 and saved it.
    4- mysql collation was set to: utf8_unicode_ci
    5- my tables of open realty are set to utf8_general_ci
    note: I changed this last to utf8_unicode_ci for listing_dbelements_fieldname and value of the table Table: default_en_listingsdbelements , ==> results: the site couldn't connected to database, the main page was appeared, but when I clicked on a listing, the not connection to dbase was appeard, admin page gave totally 404 page error!
    6- admin==>configuration==>template==> changed to utf-8
    conclusion:
    1) still hang up this issue, and wishing to know if others enountered this problem too?
    2) does anybody has a mixed site with so variety of charset languages like above?

regards
    azerty

Default Re: UMP with russian, japanese english , turkish, arabic and french language

I have just read your post here and you wrote:
    "...and I aleady did many core file changes in 256..."
    Also above I read:
    "...I fill description field which is in tinymyce..."

So there is no way to help you with core changes and with TinyMCE editing listing fields. Revert them back as default and if you still have problems, please feel free to come back asking for help.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Default Re: UMP with russian, japanese english , turkish, arabic and french language

HI
    when I said core file change, is for example changing row size from 4 to 10 for displaying of 10 classes instead of 4 classes in add listing.
    anyway, the question above was for a fresh install, and the other question regarding newer UMP was concern to the modified edit.listing.inc.php of a 2.5.6.

thanks
    azerty

Quote Originally Posted by azerty View Post
    ...the other question regarding newer UMP was concern to the modified edit.listing.inc.php of a 2.5.6...
    Have your core files back as default and then tell us if you still have somekind of problem. As I said before, I can't reproduce what you say. If you wish, I can give you admin login access for a demo so you can see by yourself.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)