Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TinyMyce in add listing adds extra <p> tag

Default TinyMyce in add listing adds extra <p> tag

hi there
    I use tinymyce on the listing editor page in admin area. the ptoblem is that after every typing text in a text area field which uses timymyce advanced theme, it adds automatically one <P> "paragraf" more at start of the field.
    This problem gives more problem, when I add different options for the multiple selection fields, as it adds an <p> at the start, and so the first option (let say checkbox) would replace one paragraf to below.

thanks
    azerty

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: TinyMyce in add listing adds extra <p> tag

Moved to sandbox forum.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Quote Originally Posted by azerty View Post
    ...the ptoblem is that after every typing text in a text area field which uses timymyce advanced theme, it adds automatically one <P> "paragraf" more at start of the field. This problem gives more problem, when I add different options for the multiple selection fields, as it adds an <p> at the start, and so the first option (let say checkbox) would replace one paragraf to below.
    Have you tried to use CSS to fix it?
    For example: p {margin:0; padding:0}
    Or if you don't wish it as a vertical list: p {margin:0; padding:0; float:left;}

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

hi, I would like to try it, but where (I mean in which style file) do I have to put it:?
    I have different style files;

admin/template/syle.css

in
    include\class\tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce\themes\adv anced\skins\default I have three:
    dialog.css
    content.css
    ui.css

as this happens in admin area in listing.editor page, where I use tinymyce for editing description fields and I putted it's script in main page of admin page with "adanced" as theme, I cannot imagine that the css in templates in root whould play a role in this regard.
    as a remark: I putted p {margin:0; padding:0; float:left;}in the last line of admin\template\style.css and when I was editing a listing, the extra <p> could be seen when I cliked on "html" icon of the tinymyce for description field.

regards,
    azerty

thanks

...and when I was editing a listing, the extra <p> could be seen when I cliked on "html" icon of the tinymyce for description field...
    At your first post I understood the problem was about "paragraphs" being added (design issue). Now you say about seeing the "<p>" tag.
    As you have something O-R does not have by default (WYSIWYG Editor at Listing Editor page) it will be hard to help you once we don't know what/how you did it.
    Maybe you should look for an answer at the Tinymce official Forum?

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by ebmarques View Post
    At your first post I understood the problem was about "paragraphs" being added (design issue). Now you say about seeing the "<p>" tag.
    As you have something O-R does not have by default (WYSIWYG Editor at Listing Editor page) it will be hard to help you once we don't know what/how you did it.
    Maybe you should look for an answer at the Tinymce official Forum?

Eduardo
    Thans eduardo for your attention. actually, it is tinymyce on listing editor and not the page editor.
    then, the problem is, that for everything that I write in this text area (advances theme of tnymyce), when I look at its html code by cliking on icon, I see a <p> at the first line of what I typed. IT is actually an extra paragraph which is added at first line, so, I hope I could clearkt explain it.
    the second issue is that when I do enter between my paragraphs to have a paragraph distance, the DISTANCE between two parafgraph is too much, so I want to have paragraph but with a lower distance, what I do now is only shift+enter (so makes a <br> tag instead of <p>, but it means that the new line should follow the style of the pragraph above it, temporarily is good, but it is not a solution, that's why I am looking for a definitive solution, please

regards,
    azerty

...that's why I am looking for a definitive solution, please
    Read my previous post... I said: "As you have something O-R does not have by default (WYSIWYG Editor at Listing Editor page) it will be hard to help you once we don't know what/how you did it."

I made a suggestion: "Maybe you should look for an answer at the Tinymce official Forum?"

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

Quote Originally Posted by ebmarques View Post
    Read my previous post... I said: "As you have something O-R does not have by default (WYSIWYG Editor at Listing Editor page) it will be hard to help you once we don't know what/how you did it."

I made a suggestion: "Maybe you should look for an answer at the Tinymce official Forum?"

Eduardo
    okay ,

thanks again

Maybe THIS will help.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

hi azerty, I need this feature too. Would you be so kind to tell me how can I add the tinyMyce to the listing editor page? (modify listing too?)
    thanks in advance, regards,
    Patrick