Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange problems searching on Property Class

Question Strange problems searching on Property Class

Hi Everyone

I'm an absolute newbie and having a few problems configuring OR 2.5.6.

I've done the install, set up the property classes, etc., and created three listings as follows:

So, in effect I have one house, one villa and one apartment.

On the front end I've published a Quick Search module with Property Class and Price only:

If I select 'Apartment' for my property class and search, the listing is returned:

However, the really strange thing, if I search on either 'House' or 'Villa' as my property class, I get the following:

Does anybody have any idea why 'apartment' property class works but 'villa' and 'house' don't?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Chris

Default Re: Strange problems searching on Property Class

I am having this same problem!

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Does it work using OR's search page and not your "quick search module".

If so, there's the problem.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Mine does not work with OR's search. The template for the property class will show, but the search results are not listed.

Post a link to your site so we can look at it.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

My website is http://www.poinsettiapark.org/dev/.

The Sales page and search results works just fine. The Rentals page is not showing the search results. Also, the rentals are not showing when I use the search page.

I can see the detail listing of the rentals by url ie.
    http://www.poinsettiapark.org/dev/re...cmsrealty=user

Thank you!

Looks like you are using CMSrealty. You should probably post over at the CMSRealty forums for assistance. My suggestion would be to remove CMSRealty and get OR working by itself before connecting it to other things.

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

Hi Both

Many thanks for the input. My colleague has posted on the CMRS forum the quick search problem and I'll update this thread if we receive any relevant information.

One strange thing we discovered ... if you actually change a property from one Class to another, the quick search doesn't recognise it. You have to keep the properties in the original class in which they were created and it works OK.

I think this was my problem as I was changing the same property from Villa, to House, to Apartment, etc., to test the search which is why I was getting the 'not found' errors.

Thanks again
    Chris

Hi, I'm Chris' colleague and I have some further info for you...

When you create a new property that property has a 'property_class' field in the default_en_listingsdbelements database table. The properties class is also recoded in the default_classlistingsdb table.

If you change the properties class the 'property_class' reference is removed altogether from the default_en_listingsdbelements table and is now only referenced in the default_classlistingsdb table.

The CMSR Quick Search module obviously only searches the default_en_listingsdbelements table for the property classes and therefor can not find those properties who have had their property class modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    When you create a new property that property has a 'property_class' field in the default_en_listingsdbelements database table. The properties class is also recoded in the default_classlistingsdb table.
    Nope. You are wrong. At the "listingsdbelements" table there is NO reference at all at any "class". You can create, edit, delete, whatever you wish... and at this table, there is no reference at all to "classes".
    The table "classlistingsdb" will be ONLY modified... when you create, edit or delete a listing. When you do it, a "class_id" will be associated to a "listingsdb_id" (for the listing you are creating or editing) and will be created a "classlistingsdb_id" (if deleting a listing, the reference will be deleted).

If you change the properties class the 'property_class' reference is removed altogether from the default_en_listingsdbelements table and is now only referenced in the default_classlistingsdb table.
    Nope. You are wrong. As I said, at "listingsdbelements" table there is nothing related to "classes", so nothing changes at this table when you edit a "class". Even at "classlistingsdb" table, when you edit a class, nothing changes once this table only store "ID's" (when you edit a "class" you don't modify the class "ID").

The CMSR Quick Search module obviously only searches the default_en_listingsdbelements table for the property classes and therefor can not find those properties who have had their property class modified.
    About CMSRealty... you should ask at their Forums.

BUT... lets ASSUME you created a new property FIELD and you named it as "class".
    Notice it is not a property class!!! It is a property field!!!
    When you create it, ONLY "listingsformelements" table is going to be modified.
    When you create, edit or delete a LISTING... then a reference to this field will be assigned at "listingsdbelements" table, for the listing you are creating, editing or deleting (if deleting, the reference will be deleted).
    Again... at "classlistingsdb" there will be no changes. This table ignores changes for listing fields.

I hope you understood all this.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)