Thread: Listing Template Editor "Page Cannot Be Found"

Question Listing Template Editor "Page Cannot Be Found"

So, logged in as Administrator and under the Admin menu, I am able to "Edit Agent Template", "Edit Member Template", "Property Classes" with no problems.

However, if I try to edit any category under "Edit Listing Template", after I make the necessary changes and hit the Update button, I am presented with an HTTP Error 404, "The page cannot be found". It's trying to go to http://www.mizzienterprises.com/re/admin/500.shtml, which does not exist.

Any idea why it may be doing this?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Listing Template Editor "Page Cannot Be Found"

You are getting a 500 error (internal server error) and it's simply attempting to display a missing custom error page to tell you it's a 500 error.

Examine your server's error logs for the cause. If you don't know how to do that or where the error logs are located, speak with your host.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The computer is a local server, not a web host. I've been through the Event Viewer and IIS logs, nothing out of the ordinary, except for the fact that it's trying to load the 500.shtml file to display the error. I don't really care that it doesn't load the 500.shtml file, I am concerned about why it won't save the modifications that I've made to pages.

The funny thing is that it works fine with the "Edit Agent Template" and the "Edit Member Template", which I assume are coded in the same way.

Please help!

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

You need to configure PHP to output an error log and/or turn-up PHP's error reporting. A 500 error is a SERVER error, and will be logged assuming your server is setup correctly.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I get the same error - I also get a SQL failure

SQL statement that failed below:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE or_en_listingsformelements SET listingsformelements_field_type = 'checkbox', listingsformelements_field_name = 'home_features', listingsformelements_rank = '80', listingsformelements_search_rank = '0', listingsformelements_search_result_rank = '17', listingsformelements_required = 'No', listingsformelements_location = 'feature1', listingsformelements_display_on_browse = 'No', listingsformelements_search_step = '0', listingsformelements_searchable = '0', listingsformelements_search_type = '', listingsformelements_display_priv = '0', listingsformelements_field_length = '', listingsformelements_tool_tip = '' WHERE listingsformelements_id = 18

All actions in this form end up with some kind of SQL failure. All other Admin actions are OK.

Any ideas?

I forgot to include the rest of the SQL failure msg

ERROR REPORT little_brother: May 16, 2009, 7:48:09 pm

SQL ERROR: UPDATE or_en_listingsformelements SET listingsformelements_field_type = 'checkbox', listingsformelements_field_name = 'home_features', listingsformelements_rank = '80', listingsformelements_search_rank = '0', listingsformelements_search_result_rank = '17', listingsformelements_required = 'No', listingsformelements_location = 'feature1', listingsformelements_display_on_browse = 'No', listingsformelements_search_step = '0', listingsformelements_searchable = '0', listingsformelements_search_type = '', listingsformelements_display_priv = '0', listingsformelements_field_length = '', listingsformelements_tool_tip = '' WHERE listingsformelements_id = 18
    Server Type: Apache/2.2.10 (Win32) PHP/5.2.7RC6-dev
    Request Method: POST
    Query String: action=edit_listing_template
    Refereer: http://little_brother/or/admin/index...sting_template
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/1.0.154.65 Safari/525.19
    Request URI: /or/admin/index.php?action=edit_listing_template
    POST Variables: array (
    'update_id' => '18',
    'old_field_name' => 'home_features',
    'edit_field' => 'home_features',
    'field_type' => 'checkbox',
    'required' => 'No',
    'field_caption' => 'Boat Features',
    'field_elements' => 'Balcony||Patio/Deck||Waterfront||Dishwasher||Disposal||Gas Range||Microwave||Washer/Dryer||Carpeted Floors||Hardwood Floors||Air Conditioning||Alarm||Cable/Satellite TV||Fireplace||Wheelchair Access',
    'default_text' => '',
    'tool_tip' => '',
    'field_length' => '',
    'display_priv' => '0',
    'property_class' =>
    array (
    0 => '1',
    1 => '2',
    2 => '3',
    3 => '4',
    4 => '5',
    ),
    'location' => 'feature1',
    'rank' => '80',
    'search_rank' => '0',
    'search_label' => '',
    'search_type' => '',
    'search_step' => '0',
    'display_on_browse' => 'No',
    'search_result_rank' => '17',
    'field_submit' => 'Update',
    )
    GET Variables: array (
    'action' => 'edit_listing_template',
    'printer_friendly' => false,
    )

I figured the problem is with the "Maximum Field Length" field.
    If it is left blank, O-R submits an empty value to the DB, which causes an error. Solution is to make sure there is a value in there - enter 0 for unlimited length...

Quote Originally Posted by tomschoem View Post
    I figured the problem is with the "Maximum Field Length" field. If it is left blank, O-R submits an empty value to the DB, which causes an error. Solution is to make sure there is a value in there - enter 0 for unlimited length...
    So I guess you are not running the latest O-R version. If you are, that's not the solution of your problem.
    With O-R v.2.5.6 you can leave this field with a blank - the core will assume "0" (zero) value automatically.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)