Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendly URL

Default Re: Friendly URL

Searching for 'listing-' is the easiest way to find all places in the code where the URL's are being generated. You would then change the code in that area to generate the URL's the way you want. If you want to use a custom field then you need to use a query to pull the value for that field from the database and work it into the code that generates the URL.

I never said that {listing_title} is replaced by listing-. When you are working in the code, you need to forget about the template tags used in the template files. Template tags are not used in the code and they will not work if you try to use them in the code.

You will need to know PHP and how to create a db query in order to do this. This is not just changing one template tag for another like you do in the template files.

So now what would you suggest I do?

Ask you how much you charge to do it?????

I thought this forum's purpose was for users to help users not for self serving dialogs and self promotion of one's business or services.

Where's the spirit people????

Anyone????

This has to be a 5 minute alteration of the code, I can't believe I am the first one to think of it.

I thought this forum's purpose was for users to help users not for self serving dialogs and self promotion of one's business or services
    I am not here to promote my business or services. I have over 9000 posts helping people on this forum and I am one of the developers of OR. Yes I have links to my commercial products here but the sales of those items allow me to spend more time supporting and developing OR for FREE.

Since you want to take that attitidue, good luck finding help because I am done trying to help you.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by FLMH View Post

Ask you how much you charge to do it?????

I thought this forum's purpose was for users to help users not for self serving dialogs and self promotion of one's business or services.

Where's the spirit people????
    If you want to solicit for paid custom work, there is a work forum here specifically for doing that. Please be sure to check the posting rules in the work forum before making a post there. Members are prohibited from soliciting for paid work outside of that specific forum.

The purpose of the OR support forums in general is to offer free support and advice for the ordinary installation and use of Open-Realty. Since modifying OR's core files is discouraged, the Sandbox forum was created so that experienced programmers who are capable of modifying and supporting their own customized version of Open-Realty's source code may exchange ideas, concepts, and code.

The majority of support requests in the forums are for ordinary use and installation questions for people new to OR. As such, you will find that the Sandbox forum receives the lowest priority in terms of answering questions.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

MODERATED - Be nice or be gone. Personal attacks against other forum members or developers are against forum rules and will not be tolerated.

Does anything need to change in the .htaccess file for the pages to be generated correctly once the links have been changed in the listing and search includes?

Are you guys considering this for 2.6? I am looking to do this for my install, so may edit core files in this instance. But it's not a bad thing to consider, I don't think SEF urls are end all an be all anymore. They could give a little extra umph though.

There are some changes to the SEO titles planned for 2.6
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    There are some changes to the SEO titles planned for 2.6
    Hi Mick,

Do you mean Titles or URLs? Titles seem pretty manageable, modifying the URLs per this thread though takes core changes.

Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    Do you mean Titles or URLs?
    Yes to both
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~