Thread: Is anyone using open-realty + transparent(something) with MLSPIN in Massachusetts

Default Is anyone using open-realty + transparent(something) with MLSPIN in Massachusetts

I am trying to find a way to use open-realty and its database features with MLSPIN. They are still on RETS 1.0 Which I guess is not supported. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

www.robbenterprises.com (suggestions always welcome)

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Is anyone using open-realty + transparent(something) with MLSPIN in Massachusetts

You should contact Transparent Tech's RETS sales department and ask them about their TransparentRETS add-on.

https://www.transparent-support.com/...ntactsales.php

Otherwise, I doubt anyone else is supporting such an old version of RETS.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default Maybe IDX or some other solution that someone else is using to work around this?

I dont want to pay 20+ dollars a month to integrate it into my website and not be able to modify anything. All those IDX hosting companies are schemes I think.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Maybe IDX or some other solution that someone else is using to work around this?

Quote Originally Posted by srobb View Post
    I dont want to pay 20+ dollars a month to integrate it into my website and not be able to modify anything. All those IDX hosting companies are schemes I think.
    You can modify everything, That's the whole point of importing the listings into Open-Realty. You must be thinking of places that offer crappy framed solutions.

You also don't have to pay $20/mo, that's just one option. Transparent will sell you the application they created for RETS integration and then you can use it on your own Open-realty site and you don't ever have to pay them a monthly fee. Can you name one "IDX hosting company" that offers that.

Good luck finding anything that is free, that works, and that will actually generate any business for you.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default I dont mind paying transparent. I was referring to the $20+ framed crap

My MLS is rets 1.0, transparentrets is 1.5 and 1.7

Default Re: Is anyone using open-realty + transparent(something) with MLSPIN in Massachusetts

1.7 is the latest RETS, 1.5 is the previous version. ALL MLS's are required to be on either the latest version or one version behind. Which is why TransparentRETS supports both of those versions. 1.0 is very old and is no longer supported. They really need to upgrade their RETS offering.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

MLSPIN uses RETS 1.7 currently. I am using the RETS addon to import mlspin listings (not yet fully completed).