Thread: Min-Max pulldowns on same line

Default Min-Max pulldowns on same line

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to have the price-min and price-max pulldowns on the same line, with the "to" separator in the middle.

I went in to search.inc.php and managed to get the two pulldowns on the same line but the problem I am having is getting the "to" separator in between the two fields. I have tried several things but I can only get it to display at the end of the second field.

Anyone know how I can do this? I know this is a core file change but all I'm wanting to do is change the HTML rather than any PHP code.

Thanks.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Min-Max pulldowns on same line

Moved to sandbox forum because you are modifying core files.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

No problem mate! Now can anyone help? Come on, don't be shy! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GSTAR View Post
    Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to have the price-min and price-max pulldowns on the same line, with the "to" separator in the middle.
    I went in to search.inc.php and managed to get the two pulldowns on the same line but the problem I am having is getting the "to" separator in between the two fields. I have tried several things but I can only get it to display at the end of the second field.
    Anyone know how I can do this? I know this is a core file change but all I'm wanting to do is change the HTML rather than any PHP code.
    Thanks.
    There is no need to touch any core file, but with just the basic knowledge of HTML and CSS you can have it editing your site template.
    As example, you can see:
    http://demo.open-realty.org/index.ph...=search_step_2
    It is the default LAZULI template already with the code you are asking for.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Well the HTML is actually in the search.inc.php file, this is where I made the following change:

PHP Code:
    $display .= $options ' ' $lang['to'] . '<br /> <select name="' $browse_field_name '-max">' $options '</td></tr>'
    changed this line to:

PHP Code:
    $display .= $options '<select name="' $browse_field_name '-max">' $options '</td></tr>'
    This now makes the two pulldowns appear on the same line, but I'm unable to display the "to" between the two pulldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by GSTAR View Post
    Well the HTML is actually in the search.inc.php file, this is where I made the following change:

PHP Code:
    $display .= $options ' ' $lang['to'] . '<br /> <select name="' $browse_field_name '-max">' $options '</td></tr>'
    changed this line to:

PHP Code:
    $display .= $options '<select name="' $browse_field_name '-max">' $options '</td></tr>'
    This now makes the two pulldowns appear on the same line, but I'm unable to display the "to" between the two pulldowns.
    Remove the line break <br /> from the original line. It should give you what you want. I haven't tested it.

There is a free addon that gives you much more control by using css.

Good luck
    aden

As illustrated in my above post, I have already removed the line break. This now makes the two pulldowns appear on the same line, but I'm unable to display the "to" between the two pulldowns.

Also where is this addon you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    Remove the line break <br /> from the original line. It should give you what you want. I haven't tested it.

There is a free addon that gives you much more control by using css.

Good luck
    aden
    Could you say in which line that code is? I'm looking for it but can't seem to find it.