Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugh! Tried Upgrade and getting errors..

Default Ugh! Tried Upgrade and getting errors..

So, I tried to be smart and Upgrade to the latest OR version. I followed the steps in the Docs ad got to the go to /install/index.php part and got the 500 Internal Server Error.
    " The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@section8hudhomes.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

After looking at my error log this is what I get...

"[2009-08-01 11:30:05]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/secti4/public_html/index.cgi)
    [2009-08-01 08:46:02]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/secti4/public_html/index.cgi)
    "

So needless to say I need to know how to fix this.
    Thanks in advance..

Using PHP 4.4.9
    Linux Server
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Ugh! Tried Upgrade and getting errors..

OR does not have any files named "index.cgi".

You may want to speak with your host about this, unless you know where the .cgi file came from because it could contain malicious code placed there from your site being compromised.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

OK..
    I tried to call my host and its after business hours.

I will look and see where this file is located.
    Should I remove it if I find one?

Thanks..
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

Found it.. it wasn't in the OR install but is in the public_html directory.

Delete it?
    Brandy1J~

I removed the index.cgi file and I'm still getting the Error.

Hhmmm...
    Brandy1J~

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Without seeing an Open-Realty error from your error logs it's anybody's guess.

The OR admin should also be receiving error emails.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

OR admin..?
    you mean the admin part of the site? If so I can't reach it.. I can't see anything except this error.

Where else can I check for an error?
    Brandy1J~

no the admin email address that you setup in the site admin after the first install, that email address should also receive error messages although, the server's error logs are what we really need but the emailed ones may help
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

OH.. ok.
    I'll check..
    Thanks.
    Brandy1J~

No emails.. and the error logs aren't showing a new error message but the message still shows on the pages..
    Brandy1J~