Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ugh! Tried Upgrade and getting errors..

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Ugh! Tried Upgrade and getting errors..

You really, really, really need to be speaking with your host about this. OR does not just start and then stop working on its own. Somewhere you have an error log that should be full of useful information.

Your latest error:

SQL Error Message: Unknown column 'userdb_rank' in 'order clause'
    Means you didn't upgrade the OR database when you "upgraded" and are missing a DB column. Google caused this error when it tried to spider your Agents page. Not updating the DB and just updating the OR files can potentially cause all kinds of problems.

http://wiki.open-realty.org/Install_guide#Upgrade_Guide

Step #9, option #2
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Thanks again..
    The farthest I reached is Step 5 and then thats when this thread started.
    I never got past that.
    Even when I looked at it yesterday it was back to normal and I never got a chance to do the other steps.
    Since the Admin section isn't coming through I can't really tell if I'm at the latest version.
    I'm still tying to get someone at te Host to help.
    Ugh. again.
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to take a look at this via the FTP info you gave me. I returned to work from my vacation on Sunday and have been short on time. If this is still ongoing tomorrow I'll be off and can try to get some time to help you with this.

At this point I think your problem is only that you are not upgraded to the latest version. There is no way you could have upgraded to the latest version from my brief look at your site since every attempt to visit another folder on your site; ie /admin /install etc. is redirecting you to the root Open-Realty folder.

You probably have a rewrite rule in your .htaccess file in the root folder of your site that is doing that which needs to be removed so that you can access the installer to complete the upgrade process and access the admin area.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I
    You probably have a rewrite rule in your .htaccess file in the root folder of your site that is doing that which needs to be removed so that you can access the installer to complete the upgrade process and access the admin area.
    Or better yet, remove your .htaccess file entirely until you can upgrade successfully.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

Thanks Mick.. Yes, the login info is still the same... didn't change that part yet cause I wasn't sure if you had been on there.
    I don't have a redirect in the .htaccess file... at least not the last time I looked.
    I had absolutely NO help with the Host. They are .... no comment.

SandKing if I remove the entire file it will open me up to all kinds of Craziness right? Like my files being seen again... etc.

Thanks.
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by brandy1j View Post
    SandKing if I remove the entire file it will open me up to all kinds of Craziness right? Like my files being seen again... etc.
    If a bad rule in your .htaccess file is what is preventing you from upgrading, removing it should allow you to finally upgrade.

The fact that your site doesn't work one day, then does on another, and then stops working again, is a pretty clear indication of your host messing with something behind the curtain.

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandking View Post
    Or better yet, remove your .htaccess file entirely until you can upgrade successfully.
    If I remove the Entire .htaccess File.. Thats what I was questioning.
    I don't know what part is the problem part..If there is one in that file.

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandking View Post
    The fact that your site doesn't work one day, then does on another, and then stops working again...
    By the way your message "the permissions are bad on 'index.php'. CHMOD 755 is probably what you want to use".. I did that but nothing changed. Although now that I think about it I may have needed to clear everything then look again.
    I say that cause I logged out right after and when I looked in the morning it was working. So guess that means there really isn't an "OR Fairy".
    Brandy1J~

By "it" I am talking about the whole file. Remove it! Then attempt to upgrade.

Honestly, this is troubleshooting-101.

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

I am still getting the same errors..
    I get an email, with the error I posted earlier, if someone tries to join.

I tried to remove the file then reinstall and nothing changed.

Thanks
    Brandy1J~

Quote Originally Posted by brandy1j View Post
    I get an email, with the error I posted earlier, if someone tries to join.
    Unknown column 'userdb_rank' in 'order clause'
    This means you did not upgrade successfully.

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -