Thread: Thumbnails - failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Default Thumbnails - failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Hi all - getting desperate here. I've recently updated to OR 2.5.7 and am suddenly getting this error. Hunted the forums for a workable solution to no avail. Please help. The details follow.

I've set thumbnails in Admin Config to 90 x 90 using GDLib, which is present on my server because it worked perfectly prior to upgrading. In the admin panel after uploading an image listing I get this
    __________________________________________________ __

Warning: getimagesize(/home/mydomain/public_html/accommodation/images/listing_photos/thumb_11_sdc10021.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mydomain/public_html/accommodation/include/images.inc.php on line 498

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/mydomain//public_html/accommodation/images/listing_photos/thumb_11_sdc10021.jpg in /home/mydomain//public_html/accommodation/include/images.inc.php on line 501

Warning: Division by zero in /home/mydomain//public_html/accommodation/include/images.inc.php on line 515

__________________________________________________ ______

The dimensions for the thumbnail info says the following:

Width=650
    Height=488
    Size=51.767 k

Thumbnail:

Width=
    Height=
    Size=0 k

Even though I have set it as 90 x 90 repeatedly in config. My permissions are correct and it should be working. But...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've spent 2 days trying to get this fixed. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Thumbnails - failed to open stream: No such file or directory

the thumbnails aren't being created. Verify that your server has GD libs installed if you are using that for a resizing tool.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

I get the similar problem. Anyone have a solution?

Warning: getimagesize(/home/cenpac/public_html/images/listing_photos/thumb_3_bedroom.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cenpac/public_html/include/listing_editor.inc.php on line 741

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    the thumbnails aren't being created. Verify that your server has GD libs installed if you are using that for a resizing tool.
    Um... how about the exact same answer as my last post right before your post?
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Hi Mick thanks for the reply - Apologies for my delay in getting back to you.
    GD Lib is installed on my server, it was working perfectly before. I'm sure it isn't because of the upgrade to OR 2.5.7. Could it be incorrect folder permissions somewhere. Thanks again for your help.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann the_sandking is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by metafuel View Post
    Could it be incorrect folder permissions somewhere.
    Yes.

OR's listing_photos dir must be read/writable by APACHE/PHP. All the photos in that dir must also be read/writable.

CHMOD 777 will usually work, but your host could require 755 or something completely different. If it was working and then just stopped, you can bet your host changed something. Regardless, you should ask them what to use to make that dir and it's contents read/writable by APACHE & PHP.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way