Thread: I need Suggestions.

Default I need Suggestions.

I have a website under open realty in English, and I want it on spanish, I have been reading about the UMP, and I found that the search features stay in English, and I think that is an important part for the website in spanish, so, my question is, witch is the better and faster way to translate all the website into Spanish.

Should I upload property by property in the new website, or I can copy the database and changes the values to Spanish?

What you would recommend?

Thanks in Advance,

Jonnathan

Default Re: I need Suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    I have a website under open realty in English, and I want it on spanish, I have been reading about the UMP, and I found that the search features stay in English, and I think that is an important part for the website in spanish, so, my question is, witch is the better and faster way to translate all the website into Spanish. Should I upload property by property in the new website, or I can copy the database and changes the values to Spanish? What you would recommend?
    Jonnathan,

First, about the search pages: anyone can hardcode the forms at each site template folder and those forms are going to be 100% translated. If you wish to keep the search template tags, to have dinamic forms, that's correct... the page will not be 100% translated.

Second, you can copy your O-R database at any moment (make a dump) and you can transfer all your data to another O-R database, for example, using phpMyAdmin. This is an easy task - just follow the instructions as you can read here:
    http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhk2c...HOST_966686857

Third, you can modify the language of your actual Website just replacing the language files. For example, at include/language/en/ folder you have the English language files - if you replace those files with the Spanish ones, you are done.

You choose what is the best for you.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Default Re: I need Suggestions.

Thanks Eduardo,

I like number 3, it seems that I only have to back up all my english site with the database and then, just put it on the new domain and change the lenguaje files to spanish.

That's correct?

Thanks Eduardo.