Thread: Check out my new designed OR site! IDX with 88,000 Listings running fast!

Default Check out my new designed OR site! IDX with 88,000 Listings running fast!

Please comment on my design/layout. Any complaments or suggestions?

GulfsideLand.com
    Lee Forbes PA

REALTOR / Designer

FloridaPropertyOnline.com

GulfsideLand.com

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Check out my new designed OR site! IDX with 88,000 Listings running fast!

Very nice. Good use of add-ons with complementary template design. Very reasonable search times.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default Re: Check out my new designed OR site! IDX with 88,000 Listings running fast!

Well done! Congratulations!

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Smile Re: Check out my new designed OR site! IDX with 88,000 Listings running fast!

Excellent! That’s what we need to work for :-)

I was looking at you site very well done the one thing that I saw that you should probably look at; is that when I go to your news and articles page I can't get back to the home page without hitting the back button. I would just add a link somewhere on your blog page to get back to the homepage.

Great job. Surprisingly fast. I'm a little hesitant about the Linked addon having to recalculate on every single page, on every search result, every listing details page, etc. I suppose there was no better way to arrange it than what you have. Very nice.

Question: how did you integrate the "Market Stats" from Zillow?

Just curious: You're not required to reference the listing brokerage office name in the listing details page? I ask because the rules are different just about everywhere. Ours must strictly say, "Listing information courtesy of <listing broker office>" along with the BR logo. Jealous petty agents will be calling you out if you are not by the book with that.

I have the max search results set to 5,000 as I don't know anyone that would search more than that without refining the search. 87,970 active listings today though.
    Lee Forbes PA

REALTOR / Designer

FloridaPropertyOnline.com

GulfsideLand.com