Thread: You must enter a valid email address

Red face You must enter a valid email address

Hi Guys
    Hope I'm in the right place. I am a newby to OR but think it's BRILLIANT! I get the following error when trying to use the "Contact agent" from the listing page,
    "You must enter a valid email address" no matter what email address I use. Can someone please help or point me in the right direction? I have installed OR258 hosted on Unix server with PHP 5.2.9 Thanks

Default Re: You must enter a valid email address

Please guys, is there anybody who can help me with this error. I have now installed on three different domains and get the same problem on all three. No matter what email address you enter, you get the same error "You must enter a valid email address". I failed to mention that I am running Open Realty on Joomla 1.5. Thanks

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann the_sandking is on a distinguished road

What happens when you use OR completely by itself?
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This has nothing to do with Joomla or CMS Realty. OR checks if the email is a valid email address. If the domain of the email address does not have a valid MX entry, you will get the invalid email error. Make sure the email address you are trying to use has a valid MX entry.

Thanks for the reply. I get the same error

Hi PBFlash. I've used http://webtools.live2support.com/nt_mxrecords.php to check the MX record and it returns the following;
    MX records for xxxx found.
    Host Valid for this (xxxx) Email Address.
    I have also check other addresses and they all seem valid yet on OR it returns the error. Thanks

Any fix/work around here? I've just complete a new install and I am having the same problem, and yes the email addresses I'm using are real and valid. They're mine :-)

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann the_sandking is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by RentalsInSCR View Post
    Any fix/work around here? I've just complete a new install and I am having the same problem, and yes the email addresses I'm using are real and valid. They're mine :-)
    if you installed OR on a windoze server, PHP for windoze (before v5.3) lacks the checkdnsrr() function OR uses to query your remote mail server to see if the address entered is valid there.

Quote Originally Posted by checkdnsrr() docs
    Returns TRUE if any records are found; returns FALSE if no records were found or if an error occurred.
    http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.checkdnsrr.php
    You can also have functional email accounts on a mail server that is not setup in DNS correctly.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way