Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error 500 after install

Default Re: Error 500 after install

UGH! That didn't work...
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

WOW! I just figured it out..
    For some reason the Admin sections index file had 664 and I had to change that files permission to 755.
    I checked the Admin folder permissions yesterday and it was 755 but didn't think to look at that file.

Thanks to all who responded. I hope this helps someone else.
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

Scratch that.. I just looked at my admin page and its still saying 2.5.7.. What else do I need to do?
    Brandy1J~

Exclamation Re: Error 500 after install

OK.. this is the Third time I've tried to install this and it keeps saying 2.5.7 Wht do I need to do to get it installed?
    I've changed permissions, checked database files.. what am i missing?

This is the error that was emailed to me after the last attempt:
    "Crashed by User at IP --> 70.153.238.203 ON November 10, 2009, 12:32:33 pm

SQL Error Message: Unknown column 'controlpanel_maintenance_mode' in 'field list'
    SQL statement that failed below: "

It was a whole page with the error but I think this is the main part. If you need the rest I will post it.
    Brandy1J~

In the Admin section its saying 2.5.7 at the top BUT when I look at the site config.. it has the area for maintenance mode.. which from the updates looks like it was added in 2.5.8. Am I right? If so then it has the upgrade its just not showing for some reason. I am still getting errors anytime i try to add or change anything. Even the template.
    It won't save anything.. just goes to the 500.shtml page.

Ugh!
    Brandy1J~

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Perhaps you should attempt to upgrade your v2.5.7 to v2.5.8. and not install v2.5.8?

You are still running v2.5.7, you did not select to upgrade OR using the installer so DB tables are missing that were added in v2.5.8.

See here:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhk2c...03535061787_56
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

huh?
    I did upgrade from 2.5.7 to 2.5.8 or at least thats what I'm trying to do.
    If your saying just choose the upgrade button during install.. thats what I did.
    Brandy1J~

Quote Originally Posted by brandy1j View Post
    huh?
    I did upgrade from 2.5.7 to 2.5.8 or at least thats what I'm trying to do.
    If your saying just choose the upgrade button during install.. thats what I did.
    There isn't an upgrade button. But there is a pulldown selection that says "Upgrade from OR v2.x" (or similar).

If you really did this, you still did not upgrade the DB, because you have missing DB tables. Your attempt to upgrade probably errored-out because of your original permissions problems.

You need to follow all the steps in the link I gave you.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

Yes, Thats what I meant.. the pulldown part.

I did all the steps.. 3 times. I keep changing the permissions in the required files and folders, checking to make sure its pointing to the right database, and ran the rest of the install.
    It still comes up with 2.5.7 the thing is.. it has to be doing something since its giving me the "maintenance mode" option where it isn't supposed to have that option in 2.5.7...

I am going to try it for a 4th time.
    Brandy1J~

Quote Originally Posted by brandy1j View Post
    it has to be doing something since its giving me the "maintenance mode" option where it isn't supposed to have that option in 2.5.7...
    You may have updated the OR files, but your OR DB still is not updated.

This error substantiates what I am saying:

Unknown column 'controlpanel_maintenance_mode' in 'field list'

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -