Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error 500 after install

Exclamation Error 500 after install

Tried to upgrade to 2.5.8 from previous version.. everything went well but after the install, I got the Error 500.
    My logs say:
    [Sun Nov 8 16:48:35 2009] [error] [client 70.153.238.203] Premature end of script headers: /home/secti4/public_html/listings/index.php
    SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "/home/secti4/public_html/listings/index.php" is writeable by group

Can someone help...?
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

Default Re: Error 500 after install

OK.. had to change the permissions. Now I'm getting this:

Warning: include_once(/home/secti4/public_html/listings/inst/include/class/adodb/adodb.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/secti4/public_html/listings/include/common.php on line 23

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/secti4/public_html/listings/inst/include/class/adodb/adodb.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/secti4/public_html/listings/include/common.php on line 23

Warning: include_once(/home/secti4/public_html/listings/inst/include/misc.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/secti4/public_html/listings/include/common.php on line 24

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/secti4/public_html/listings/inst/include/misc.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/secti4/public_html/listings/include/common.php on line 24

Fatal error: Class 'misc' not found in /home/secti4/public_html/listings/include/common.php on line 25
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Your host's cPanel application does not like the file permissions that are presently set for 'index.php' for whatever reason.

Show that error to your host and have them advise you on the correct file permissions to use for their services.

Edit: you figured out the permissions.

For your new problem:

There should not be an /inst/ directory in the path for the errors you are seeing above.

include_once(/home/secti4/public_html/listings/inst/include/class/adodb/adodb.inc.php
    You should re-run the OR installer and select update basepath/url only option.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

You're the Best! I did that and it went through everything but when it got to the configure page it just showed the same errors.

http://www.section8hudhomes.com/list...dex.php?step=6
    Brandy1J~

OK.. my brain took a minute to catch up with me.
    I ran it again and looked at the page with the base path info.. it had "inst" on the end of the url. I removed that part and it seems to be working.
    Hopefully that fixed it.
    Brandy1J~

ok.. can't seem to locate my Admin area.. or any pages.. hhmm.

I'll try searching previous posts.. maybe I can figure it out.
    Brandy1J~

Can't find any info in the search.. can someone point me in the right direction.
    Brandy1J~

The admin area location has not changed. It is at yoursite.com/OR LOCATION/admin

PB, I know where it should be located.. its just Not there. I try to go there and it goes to the main page.. or shows that 500 error.

Thanks.
    Brandy1J~

Brandy,

Download your common.php and check the DB info. I was receiving error 500because script didn't like the format off the password, it had a semi-colon in it. Fixed that and site popped up fine.