Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbe - just basic and simply questions

Default Re: Newbe - just basic and simply questions

ie...

Optional

5. search_results_class_CLASSID.html - IF there is a template file with this naming convention where the CLASSID is the number of the property class being searched then this search results template will be used, overriding your configuration's selected search results template.

Thx a lot b-town, works great

Next issue guys !
    It's about status field. I've changed these 3 options for:
    aktywne||w trakcie realizacji||sprzedane which means:
    active||pre-contract signed||sold

I have changed also the translation of these words in language file and now it's not working on search result pages, the status for middle option and for sold option just doesn't show up. It's visible on listing detail page though. But even on detail page I quess there is something wrong because the status words don't get colorfull.
    If I changed all back to the original state (english words) it works everything ok.

I have also additional question. Is 'pending' status connected to anything else in OR ? For example if admin needs to verify all new entered listings, the listings will get 'pending' status until admin will confirm and verify the listing ? Is it not wrong if I'm replacing 'pending' with some other status f.ex. 'hot' or 'new' ?

Did you edit existing listings to update them to the new values?

The pending status is not used anywhere in the OR code. Admin moderation uses the listings active field.

I'm not sure what you mean by "update them to the new values". I tried very hard in different ways to check and find out how status works. So after changing options as you see above on the screen capture and translating these words in language file, I added 2 listings. You can see them here: http://www.domator-poznan.pl/index.p...=searchresults
    First one has 'pending' status and second 'sold' - but you can't see it under the price. I was changing the status in both listings a few times trying all options but nothing.

'm not sure what you mean by "update them to the new values".
    I was asking if you updated any existing listings to the new values. Changing the options in the listing template editor will not update any existing listings.

Is your search results template setup to show the status field?

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    I was asking if you updated any existing listings to the new values. Changing the options in the listing template editor will not update any existing listings.

Is your search results template setup to show the status field?
    I've first made changes replacing the words in listing detail template, then made translation in lang file. After that I created 2 new listings which you can see at above link.
    Of course, the status field is set to Yes in search result template.

Of course, the status field is set to Yes in search result template.
    This doesn't mean it is going to automatically show in the search results. You need to have the tag in the search results template to display it. If you look at the search results template you will see tags like {field_1}, {field_2}, etc. You need to have the tag for the status field. The number in the tag corresponds to the field order on search results setting in the listing template editor.

Yes you were right, I didn't have {field_#} in the search result template. After I added it, I can see status on page but it's not green or red and I also noticed:
    - the status is always visible - even for listings with active status which I don't want
    - choosing status 'pending' just display this information with no green font
    - choosing status 'sold' just display this informatioin with no red font and no cross out on price
    - all above points occur only when I have replaced

with

Now, I guess this is very important:
    even if there is no status tag {field_#} placed in the search result template and having options set like on first screen capture above, you get the status displayed on search result page in a correct way (with color fonts and cross out) so I guess there are two solutions for me:
    1/ I leave english options like on the first screen capture above and just translate them in language file. So I get on search result page status in polish but will have to explain to all agents what does 'pending' or 'sold' means in new listing form.
    2/ Try to make some corrections in the core file replacing 'sold' and other status options with polish substitutes which will be identical to words I used on the second screen capture above.
    What do you think ? Oh, and one more info in case it's important- I want also implement 'sold' or 'new' graphic to thumbnails in future.

Quote Originally Posted by czaras View Post
    ...even if there is no status tag {field_#} placed in the search result template and having options set like on first screen capture above, you get the status displayed on search result page in a correct way (with color fonts and cross out)...
    We have it hardcoded ("Sold" and "Pending") at a core file - while it should be using a lang variable.
    In fact, not a bug but we should "fix" it - please open a Feature Request so O-R Devs may take a look at it.
    While we don't change it, you will only have it working using the English words as the default installation. Once only at the Sandbox Forum we can post changes at core files, you can also open a new thread at that Forum so you can see suggestions to have it using lang tags in order to use your own words (translated to Polish).

pbflash, you may confirm it looking at the core file, lines 1380 and 1383.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)