Thread: SMS text messages for user

Question SMS text messages for user

Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone has been able to get SMS messages for the user? Basically the user sends the listing details to themselves just like they would send a contact form to the agent.
    I know PB has a text message addon but its for agents to have contact form info sent to their cell phones.
    Has anybody been able to reverse it. I know the user would need to have a cellphone on file but could it automatically "see" the cell number (Like OR "sees" the username once they are signed in... ) and once they click 'send to cell' or whatever it would send.
    If anyone has or can do an addon for this I would be interested.

Thanks
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

Default Re: SMS text messages for user

If you want, add it to the list of other stuff we're working on. Besides the cell number, you need to know there cell carrier in order to send the message. I have a database of about 200 carriers and the required format of the phones email address.

Okay,
    Could it be part of the 'Signup' process or do they add their info as a seperate feature? I think it would be easier already incuded in the registration process.
    I guess the information sent to the cell would have to be short of course but it needs to include the important stuff like address, rent amount, agent name and number and maybe # of beds/baths.
    Could that fit? I'm not sure character limits on SMS messages..

Thanks again..

~And as a side note to your other question he's going with the SeaBee unit NMCB 22 out of Texas...
    I also have 2 nephews in the Army and my youngest (19) is going to Iraq in July.
    Thanks for asking.. ~
    Brandy1J~
    A few of you know we are a Military family and we recently found out my Husband is deploying in June. The soldiers always need letters, cards, personal items and things that are necessities.. If you would like information on how and where to donate items or to simply get information on our Military please visit Military.com. Thanks.

Question Re: SMS text messages for user

I know this is an old thread... I'm wondering what the status is...

@pbflash
    If you can get me that database of carrier formats I'd be glad to work on one such addon myself, I'm in desperate need of one such thing.