Thread: Request for phone conference to discuss scope of work

Default Request for phone conference to discuss scope of work

Hi there.

I'm at my wit's end after going down the WP Realty plugin path with Wordpress.

I have a Wordpress site/existing site that i hit alot of snags on.

I'm familiar with Open Realty from the past somewhat and i know i will need help as follows:

1. Custom quick search and search forms
    2. Google map integration (if possible)
    3. IDX/MLS integration from Washington D.C. MRIS (this will be simple as i have a site in an earlier version of OR that will be easy to pull from as the logic/rules and variables are 99% the same for it)
    4. Help with permissions for Agent usage of the system.

I'm an experienced marketing guy with project management and technical skills. I just need to get this thing done and i no longer have time to do it myself fully after wasting so much time with the WPRealty.org people.

I'm in Austin TX on CST time. Need a phone conference and prefer to work with someone in US or Canada. I can't deal with the time difference between here and Europe/Asia/India.

Hosting is taken care of as well. I'm on a full dedicated Linux/Cpanel server that i have full control over.

Thank you.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Request for phone conference to discuss scope of work

If you are running Open-Realty (or will be) Transparent Tech's IDX and RETS import add-ons come with a guarantee, and they have been doing this kind of thing for a very long time. The TransparentRETS add-on is also certified as RETS v1.5 and v1.7 compliant by the CRT. Their TransparentMAPS add-on is simple to setup and is compatible with more browsers than anything else I have tried.

http://www.transparent-realestate.com/

The point I am making is that you may want to have TT set you up with import & map software that just works without excuses. That way you won't have to spend so much on someone with as broad of a skill base as what you are asking may require. This would leave you only with items 1 and 4 which you could probably solve by posting some specific questions in these forums. I know there are a couple custom quick search forms available here as well.

TT may even have a WPRealty refugee program, it never hurts to ask.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way