Thread: question setting up second site with OR database

Default question setting up second site with OR database

I have connected a second site to the OR database as described here: http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?t=14498. It is using a modified template of the same name as the first site.

This works fine apart from the OR-homepage (page 1). I managed to change the content by creating a new page in the editor and replacing 'pageID=$1' with 'pageID=$newpagenumber' in core.inc.php.

But I couldn't work out how to get this page to use the modified template with the menu, links etc. of the second site.

Would that be possible without too many changes (and how)? If not I would have to create a page outside of OR and hardcode the links.

Thank you!

Default Re: question setting up second site with OR database

OR has changed a little since the instructions in that thread were written OR now has settings in the common.php file for the template path/url and the admin template path/url. You need to change these on the second site so they point to the url/path of the second site.

Thank you! I changed the template path/url and tested it.

I can now swap templates by changing the template name on those lines, which is great.

However it does not affect the page that is set as basepath. This still uses the template of the first website, whatever template I choose.

Did I miss something else that needs changing?

edit: Sorry, I forgot to check the obvious: there was a page1_main.html in the template folder which had been copied over. I wasn't aware this would be used when I had changed core.inc.php from PageID1 to PageID54 of the page editor......but after deleting the file it works!
    Last edited by jordi; 01-15-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: solved

How exactly did you accomplish this? I am trying to do the same thing and followed the instructions on the same link you did (before I found this thread)

My site doesn't seem to be working 100%. If you would PM me I would appreciate it a TON. Thank you very much.

Steve

just came accross your post. Have you managed to make it work? I set this up a year ago and have not touched it since, so can't really remember in detail how I did it....

I was never able to get it to work correctly. I'm not sure what else I need to do to it. The template does not seem to work unless you use the OR page option to select one manually upon arrival at the page. If you go to the site all the formatting is lost until you select one. Once you select a template it looks ok but all the header/navigation links refer back to the primary site but the featured listings have the secondary site link but they lead nowhere. natickrental dot com if you want to take a quick look for me that would be appreciated. I hope you can help me get this working.

I had a look but not sure what the problem is, sorry. I might set something similar up again in the near future and will post again should I get any bright ideas.