Thread: Help Editing the Subject in contact agent popup using contact.inc

Default Help Editing the Subject in contact agent popup using contact.inc

I would like the email title to show a different field to the listing id on the contact agent pop-up.

I know I need to edit the contact.ini and think I have found the line I just don't know the syntax to use I have pasted the original section below

if ($listing_id !== 0) {
    $subject = $lang['email_in_reference_to_listing'] . $listing_id;
    }

I guess that I need to change the $listing_id; to $listing_ref; (ref is the name of the field I want to use) but this does not work. any idea's?

Default Re: Help Editing the Subject in contact agent popup using contact.inc

In case your still waiting its a little more than just replacing the variable. You will need to change the code that extracts the field from the database for the form that way you could still use $listing_id it would just be the name of the property and not its number id. Which would work as long as the variable istnt used by some include and passed as header to another file which would just screw things up. As for me I couldnt figure it out and the only post I found about it was redacted with "core file discussion is not allowed" but it wasnt in the sandbox so who knows.

I'd really like info on this as well. Every thread about this directs to a thread where the information was removed, or it directs you to a plugin that is hosted on a domain that no longer exists. I'd like mine to include either the property title or the address.. I know I need to edit line 122 in the contact.inc.php, but not sure what to change, or what else I need to change. I'd even be interested in the addon but it's not able to be found.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

OR v2.x hasn't been updated since Oct, 2009 and was replaced by OR v3 last June. As such, it is very unlikely that anyone is going to be making any new add-ons for OR v2.x or coming around here to update and support the old ones.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I understand that it's outdated.. It's just frustrating to know that the answer was already on the forum at one time and then removed.. and that there was already a plugin that solved this, and it's no longer available. I'm using CMS Realty with Joomla so upgrading OR to 3.x isn't really an option

Quote Originally Posted by rabeatz View Post
    It's just frustrating to know that the answer was already on the forum at one time and then removed.. and that there was already a plugin that solved this, and it's no longer available
    The original ReplayTV was the best DVR ever made, it's frustrating they aren't available any more either, but I can't really blame my TV manufacturer for that. Recently, the person who made and hosted drivers for another certain obsolete piece of kit I own stopped doing that as well. Good thing I long-since had moved on to newer gear I can get support for. This stuff happens, and is never too welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rabeatz View Post
    . I'm using CMS Realty with Joomla so upgrading OR to 3.x isn't really an option
    Well, O.K. But keep in mind that when your CMSRealty site gets hacked via joomla, or, your host upgrades to PHP v5.3 so they can keep getting bug and security fixes, (whichever happens first) you will then be forced to either upgrade, or to repair/recode everything you are running now. CMSRealty as an OR add-on is dead, so I am not seeing how that is ever going to continue to work unless you fix it yourself, and I don't think it is even compatible with the latest PHP v5.3 friendly version of joomla either. There's the whole problem of GPL compliance too, the way CMSrealty works with OR violates joomla's GPL license if it is distributed, since OR v2 is not GPL itself and never has been. There are ways around the GPL problem, but again, lots of code would need to be created and fixed in both OR v2 and CMSRealty.

FWIW, my PM box here, and in a couple other forums I frequent are full of help requests from people having to flee their hosting or upgrade their applications because they are not PHP v5.3 compatible, this isn't just specific to OR. When they find out what it will cost to fix vs. upgrade, even when only the time involved is considered, most find themselves replacing their old stuff with newer versions that already work with PHP v5.3, unless newer versions are never released.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

I appreciate the information.

For those that may still be interested in how to do it, I was able to find an answer here: http://www.webmasterworld.com/php/4290621.htm

If forum rules do not permit posting external links then I will put the code in instead.

That's a perfect place to get assistance with PHP, I do wish more people would use it. Glad you found an answer that works for you.

You can post external links here as long as they are relevant (web design, coding, etc) and do not link to hosting providers, competing products, or real estate site links used as your signature which are not running OR.

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -