Thread: Open-Realty vs. other Large Realty CMS' selling points?

Default Open-Realty vs. other Large Realty CMS' selling points?

Hi,

I am trying to sell my client on this CMS by he is also looking at other CMS' offered by larger realty companies that offer calculators and MLS feeds included. Are theur any selling points that I can use to push him over the edge to this one?

thanks,
    Daniel

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Open-Realty vs. other Large Realty CMS' selling points?

Quote Originally Posted by daviat View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to sell my client on this CMS by he is also looking at other CMS' offered by larger realty companies that offer calculators and MLS feeds included. Are theur any selling points that I can use to push him over the edge to this one?

thanks,
    Daniel
    I'm not aware of any other real estate applications, free or otherwise, that even compare with Open-Realty since Open-Realty is completely free, open-source, and is operated on your own hosting account. Open-Realty is not a feature-limited subscription service that churns out cookie-cutter real estate web sites.

What you are going to charge your client and how well you represent and provide your services using Open-Realty or any other application should be 99% of any "selling" factor here. The biggest advantage to using Open-Realty is that the site developer (you) and not the "larger realty company" is in control of everything. This ability literally places the developer (you) at the same competitive level as the "larger realty company".

I'd suggest installing Open-Realty yourself and see if it will do what you expect and what your client needs before trying to pitch using it to them. If you run into problems setting it up, or have questions about configuration, that is exactly what these support forums are for.

These forums also have a show-off section and you can search here for testimonials if you need "selling" on whether to try Open-Realty or not.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way