Thread: user management

Default user management

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to manage my users.
    I have created a couple 'agents' and tried to upload pictures.
    One agent I uploaded a picture and it set as the agent's picture.
    I was able to add a caption and some oter stuff. Now when the agents are viewed, her picture is there.

when I view the agents i dmin, her picture is in 'managee pictures'

Whe I tried to do the same thing for another agent, the upload appeards successful, but there is no image. I go to one of the sub-dirs with ftp, and the one agent's picture is there with an automatically created thmbnail.

But none of the pictures I have uploaded for the other agent are shwing up in open-realty admin or in the sub-dir where user images are.

I have tried several times and I can not figure out what is wrong.
    I hve not reached my file space limitations, and I don't think I've reached any other limitations...where should I be looking fo rthe problem?

Thanks all

Thumbs up Re: user management

hmmmm
    I solved it once befoe in a different user, then forgot I fixed it....
    open-realty has file-size limits...I guess to prevent agents from consuming all the disk space...good idea...

But I forgot. I uploded a smaller image...and now no problem...so I guess I'll have to rescale my images before uploading them.

The art side of me wants hi-res, the manager size says save space!

So we save space. I'm not that good looking anyway! (lol)

Default Re: user management

there are a lot of tricky little things to remember to test and re-test.
    What works for one, may be a differrent problem for another user.

I was testing my user email routing...what could be easier you say. that's what I thought. 2 hours later....here is summary:
    I sent a message to each of my users, they were configured with correct email addresses. all set. Yet one user was not receiving the message sent.

Over and over I sent a new message, and asked the user to hit send/recieve, but no message. I thought, check your junk mail...no messages.

What in the world is going on...I thouht 'there must be a bug somehow in the open-realty system'; but all the others worked.

Last shot, I logged on to the email host (hotmail) and checked to see if it was arriving...nothing...162 messages in junkmail so I looked, and there it was at the top.

So here is my question. It may sound like a hotmail question but it isn't really. Does anyone know why the message was in hotmail junkmail, but not in the outlook junkmail after send/receive? and here is the open-realty part...does this same phenomenon occur on other email hosts?

Answering both questions would be cool, but I'd be happy knwoing the answer to just the second.

Feature:
    I'll post after making sure, but is there a way as admin for me to broadcast an announcement to all my users?