Thread: Commercial Realty Bahamas

Default Commercial Realty Bahamas

Hi

Its been a good while since ive posted a site but we are particularly proud of this one.

www.commercialrealtybahamas.com

Now apart from the custom template whats different about this website is it has no database, we modified Open Realty to read from the customers Residential OR installation to grab all the images etc, and only show commercial listings to the public.

Any feedback very welcome, negative feedback is more then welcome.

Default Re: Commercial Realty Bahamas

Hey nice job, the template is a good design. Might I make a few suggestions?

The background image, is over 100k, that's not much on broadband I know but it's still way bigger than it needs to be. Compression, compression, compression as my instructor always told me. It's a background image that is mostly covered up... Try saving for web device as jpeg medium in photoshop.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...om%2Findex.php

If validation and compliance means nothing to you, don't worry about this. Hard coding URL can be tricky and bad at times. First thing to remember is to not hard code URLS using constrictors unless you are sure to put them in correctly with valid html code. IE... & should be &

<li><a href="index.php?pclass[]=2&action=searchresults">View Listings</a>
    <li><a href="index.php?pclass[]=2&amp;action=searchresults">View Listings</a>

Other than that, very nice.

On the residential real estate site, just curious why the layout is so narrow... Was this done to make it fit on a mobile device? 960px is the width most use to fit narrow screen resolutions such as 1024x768.

Nice Work!

I have been lurking for years here and had to reg. To tell you Fantastic Job.

The script makers and people like you (that think out of the box) are my inspiration!

Keep up the good work, and I will showcase one of mine once I feel good enough about posting it.

Hey

b-town

Thanks for your suggestions, ill get that background image sorted out, your absolutely right i need to knock that down.

As for validation, i should be paying more attention to it then i do, i tend to design to the major browsers, IE 5.5 - 8 FF 1-3 Safari and Chrome (safari engine) but ill try to keep validation in mind more so in the future.

The residential real estate site is not my design, its a conversion of there old non OR site and is in major need of some updating style wise.

dcs1771

Thank you, thats one of the nicest posts i think ive ever gotten!

I am borrowing your layering png idea.

I have tried to use it in the past, but now that ie6 has (thankfully) been put to rest, I am ready to use it much more often.

I will attempt 'Strict' DTD and post it up when I am done.

Again, I am thankful for all of you here in the forums!

- Daniel

Very welcome, feel free to post any questions.