Thread: How do I use the photo display style of one template in another template?

Default How do I use the photo display style of one template in another template?

I have built a test OR site and am currently using the liquid-realty template. I would like to display the listing photos in the same manner as they are displayed in the rounded-boxes template. I'm pretty sure this is an easy code change, but I have read -- and re-read -- the sections in the documentation, and can't figure out how to do this.

Can you help me out here?

Thanks!

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: How do I use the photo display style of one template in another template?

Edit the page of the rounded boxes template that displays the photos the way you want and copy that into your template.

You should also not be editing one of the default templates directly, you should always make a copy of the entire template you want to use as a model (donor) and make your changes to the copy which needs to reside in its own unique directory beneath /template/.

example:
    /template/my_custom_template

Make sure you have copied everything that exists in the donor template directory /template/liquid-realty/ into your new one.

Then select the template: 'my_custom_template' from the OR site configuration.

If you don't do this, when you upgrade OR it will overwrite your template customizations.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default Re: How do I use the photo display style of one template in another template?

Excellent! Thanks!