Thread: View Listing Image Setup

Default View Listing Image Setup

I am having some trouble configuring the view listing image properties. I would like to set the width of the image div to a maximum of x pixels regardless of image size. Or maybe a link to a _blank page that I will setup for the image display with no template. Can't find the properties anywhere.

Also (bug report) this feature doesn't seem to work very well in Firefox 3.5.8. The link generated is formatting the '&' as '&' at least thats what I am getting.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: View Listing Image Setup

You might want to visit the template section of the docs.

If you think you have found a bug in Open-Realty, any bug reports should be reported here:

http://support.open-realty.org/forum...28-Bug-Reports

Also, & is proper and valid XHTML for links that contain ampersands if you are viewing source code. When such a link is displayed in a browser, the viewer will see & and not & as the browser converts it automatically for display.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I should add a link to the site...http://realestate.vallartavalues.com
    The browser NOT converting the ampersand is the issue with the possible bug, but I'm no OR expert. It is possible that it is just my computer. This is a new installation of OR having about three days now. The image width of 400px max would force the users to resize their photos to fit the upload criteria and I don't want a bunch of problems with uploading photos. Is their a way to change these demensions without the agent having to resize before the upload?

I don't see any ampersands at all when i visit the specific link you provided.

Agents should be instructed to always upload the same resolution photos. Nothing bigger than 640x480 is recommended for internet sanity, modern digital cameras support this specific resolution.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhk2c...93184406806415
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

The link I provided is to the domain where the installation is. I am having problems getting the photos to size the way I want them. You can find what I want to change by selecting a listing and then clicking the photo to see it enlarged. When you click the photo it sends you to a new page, in the URL it says realestate.com...view_listing_image and then the image ID.(In firefox on my computer it show the html mark up of the & symbol). I would like to know how to edit the width of the image on the new view_listing_image page. About asking the agent to resize the photo is out of the question. They will argue that their buyers can't download the photo in HQ. Or a list of other arguments meaning I would like to manage this here in the coding.

Follow the 2 links I have already provided you in this thread for what is possible in OR. OR only resizes photos for thumbnails and stores the original as-is. Depending on which page you are viewing you will either see the original or the thumbnail. The template section of the docs are your friend.

If you are going to request help here, you should always provide links to the specific pages giving you trouble. You are assuming too much if you expect people here to meander through your site to try to figure out where you are having a problem.

About asking the agent to resize the photo is out of the question.
    I wish you the best of luck then. Personally, I instruct my clients what is possible and/or required to use the technology at hand and not the other way around. I understand if you feel otherwise, I am just being realistic, at times to a fault.. No matter what size you can agree upon, it should be consistant for internet sanity, people other than your client will be accessing the site.

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

This is the forum for installation and configuration help. I have a valid question about how to control photo size in the view listing image action of the page. There is only one way to view a listing image (the title of this thread) so no meandering necessary. If you do not know how to manage the size of the photo on this page that is fine, but to to suggest what I asked for an alternative to, is no solution at all. This will be a free listing site where anyone can add listings. The photos will not always be the same size or dimensions. I can go the easy route and restrict upload size and dimensions, but what I really want to do is fix the properties for the view_image_listing. I don't want anyone to do this for me, just point me in the direction I need to go. I have read the documentation that comes with OR. It does not explain how the function view_listing_image works.