Thread: Help With Rets Images

Default Help With Rets Images

I know this is forum is for Open Realty, but does anyone know how I can download all the listing images separately than through TransparentRETS? Apparently my server has a really low timeout for CURL and I can't change that unless I upgrade to a dedicated host. All I need to do is download all the images once and I believe TRETS will download the new listings and pictures each night (since there arent many). If anyone can direct me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Help With Rets Images

A good host knows how to adjust timeouts on a per account basis, and since you believe you only need to do this once, why can't your host simply lift the restriction for your account temporarily?

You can only obtain photos from a RETS server using a RETS client, which you have, and your hosts's setup is preventing you from using a RETS client. Seems pretty clear to me.

You simply need to get a better host/hosting account. You don't necessarily need a dedicated server, your host just runs things very tight so they can cram as many accounts on the same box, making the most $$ per server. You should view this as a huge red flag indicating you don't have the right kind of hosting for doing MLS imports.

VPS-type hosting accounts (much less $$ than a dedicated server) work great for MLS imports because you are in control of all your server settings. Transparent Tech also has great hosting for this stuff, its their specialty.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way