Thread: Modifications and Removals from Script

Default Modifications and Removals from Script

Hi Forum!

First of all, thank you to take the time to help, and develop this amazing piece of software.

Ok, I would like some help or directions to a tutorial in a previous thread on how to:

1.- Remove things from the Layout (I would like to remove in the menu the Farms, Commercial, Land, loan calc, etc)
    2.- Remove or Hide the "choose theme feature"
    3.- Hide or Remove the "Member Signup and Member login" tabs in the layout.

I plan to leave the banner to the Transparent tech but I would like to add other banners in that area, is this possible?

All the help that you can provide would be apreshiated. I really dont know about Scripting.

Regards
    and Thank you

Default Re: Modifications and Removals from Script

I'd suggest reading the documentation. Everything you are looking to change can be changed via Open-Realty's template. There is no scripting involved but it will require some basic HTML knowledge, or the willing to learn. All of those items are controlled via documented template tags that are placed in the template.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Thank you for your Polite and quick response Mick

I can see under your post, in your signature the documentation Link, I will follow it and read about it.

You mention HTML, well i know the pure basics, but i'm willing to learn, also you mention "tags" are theese the ones i saw in the Admin pannel ? Like for adress, zip, etc?

Thank you

The Open-Realty template tags are tags that are enclosed in curly brackets. One of the template tags that you will be looking for to remove is {template_select} These should stand out because they are not standard html tags. Open-Realty replaces template tags with the specific content that you want displayed by the template tags. In the case of {template_select} it replaces the tag with the html code for a select box with a list of available templates.

Each of the template tags is defined in the documentation as to where it can be used. Some tags can only be used on the listing details template. Some are "Main" template tags that can be used in the main template, or in any template file. This will help you in which files should be checked for the template tags you need to remove. In this case your main.html template and whatever listing details template you are using.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    The Open-Realty template tags are tags that are enclosed in curly brackets. One of the template tags that you will be looking for to remove is {template_select} These should stand out because they are not standard html tags. Open-Realty replaces template tags with the specific content that you want displayed by the template tags. In the case of {template_select} it replaces the tag with the html code for a select box with a list of available templates.

Each of the template tags is defined in the documentation as to where it can be used. Some tags can only be used on the listing details template. Some are "Main" template tags that can be used in the main template, or in any template file. This will help you in which files should be checked for the template tags you need to remove. In this case your main.html template and whatever listing details template you are using.
    Nevermind I figured it out...where can I find professional OR templates? Also has anyone been able to integrate this into wordpress yet?