Thread: Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated error

Default Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated error

Hi

I know this forum is not for cms realty but I really do not know where to turn. The owner of that site hasnt been on it since April and I have been trying to figure it out for weeks.

I setup a site www.floridadreamsvillas.com just over a year ago, as you can see it is full of code errors, do not know why but it suddenly went like that. I had also promised features to villa owners as I had agreed a fee with the owner of cms realty to do some addons and they never got done.

I am now setting up a brand new site but still want to use Joomla, CMS realty and Open realty because it is the easiest and cheapest way of doing it.

I followed the installation instructions to the letter but I am getting this error 21 times:

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/blanked/blanked/blanked.com/components/com_cmsrealty/gateway/JoomlaAdminURLFactory.class.php on line 64

I get the error when in Joomla I click on Components and then open realty admin.

As I said, I know this forum is not for cms realty but I am wondering if anyone knows what the problem is and then I will hopefully solve it.

If not, does anyone know if there is something out there that open realty can be integrated with (such as wordpress for example) and is well supported (by people who actually reply when you pay for their products)?

I am though hoping that this 1 error is a small and fixable error and I can get everything setup quickly.

Thanks

Nick

Default Re: Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated error

that function is depriciated as of PHP 5.3, sounds like your host must have recently upgraded to 5.3 if you're suddenly getting these errors. You can turn down your error reporting in PHP to suppress the errors for now and give you a functional site (if those are the only errors you're getting, although I can't see your site, its down for maintenance). This won't help you when the next release of PHP comes out and that function is removed though, as your software will cease to function at that point so it is a temporary fix at best. To fix this properly you will need to find any functions that use depreciated functions and rewrite them using current PHP functions.

want to use Joomla, CMS realty and Open realty because it is the easiest and cheapest way of doing it.
    How is adding additional software, configuration and potential problems easier and cheaper? Open-Realty as a stand alone software is, IMO the easiest and cheapest. YMMV
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    that function is depriciated as of PHP 5.3, sounds like your host must have recently upgraded to 5.3 if you're suddenly getting these errors. You can turn down your error reporting in PHP to suppress the errors for now and give you a functional site (if those are the only errors you're getting, although I can't see your site, its down for maintenance). This won't help you when the next release of PHP comes out and that function is removed though, as your software will cease to function at that point so it is a temporary fix at best. To fix this properly you will need to find any functions that use depreciated functions and rewrite them using current PHP functions.

How is adding additional software, configuration and potential problems easier and cheaper? Open-Realty as a stand alone software is, IMO the easiest and cheapest. YMMV
    I only want to use a cms system so I can do homepage and all the other articles easier, plus its easier adding a skin rather than doing a whole html based site and adding open realty to it.

So basically when my hosting company upgrades my php on my server, it will make my site unuseable? Do hosting companies keep the php the way it is if you ask them to? MY site was working fine and then all of a sudden it was full of these php errors, i did not upgrade joomla or touch anything, I tried to get my backups uploaded but it was just the same. So the errors are there because my hosting company changed the php on my site?

I wanted to just make the site and not need to do much else to it once it is done, I know nothing about coding hence asking for help.

I got around the above issue as I found a fix in the cms forum but there are many other errors, Ill turn off the closed site thing so u can see what I mean...

If there was an easy way of using open realty I would do that and not have to put up with the hassle because since paying nearly $100 to this owner of cms realty over a year ago, I have been ignored for months on end so it would be nice to be able to just fix things myself lol

I am now in the process of copying everything to a new site, starting again. I have just installed OR and Joomla and CMS. I have added all my custom fields to OR and setup a few things but not much else, so I will look into the OR only option if it is viable.