Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I registered for the FREE version but I cannot download it yet

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default I registered for the FREE version but I cannot download it yet

Be advised that when you register for obtaining a copy of the Open-Realty v3.0 FREE edition that your order is manually approved, after it is fraud-checked.

Transparent Tech will not approve orders for accounts created using fake names, street addresses, email addresses and etc. All information must be filled out completely. Providing incomplete or fake information will cause an order to immediately be rejected as fraudulent.

Lastly, please do not create multiple orders thinking that will get your order processed faster, it won't.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Red face Re: I registered for the FREE version but I cannot download it yet

I cant find the link to register: /
    or download the new free version

I'm doing wrong?
    where is the registration link?

Upgrade: The record does not accept mail from hotmail or gmail: /
    so I had to use an alternative email address,
    but now I have an account, I can not download the free version because I do not get the pin code to my phone: /

Upgrade 2:

my desire to try the new open realty will have to wait:

in 'My products an services' found the 'free' edition OR,
    my status is 'fraud' despite having filled with the correct data : /

--> ' Access Denied - Your order is still pending or you must purchase the associated product before you can download this'

in order to wait

Gracias.

Default Re: I registered for the FREE version but I cannot download it yet

I managed to submit my order and it tells me that it's going to send a notice to my mobile phone. I updated my account to have my current, UK-based, mobile phone number. Will that work?

Best regards, Jules

Kathmandu, Nepal, 106085869430478, Kathmandu, Nepal

OR 3,
    I could't get download OR 3, what is the Promotional Code? how can I get Promotional Code of OR?

Seems a few people are having an issue with downloading the free version. Can I ask why you have chosen to add that extra layer to have everyone register for the free version as apposed to a direct download link?

Quote Originally Posted by JawaMan View Post
    Seems a few people are having an issue with downloading the free version. Can I ask why you have chosen to add that extra layer to have everyone register for the free version as apposed to a direct download link?

It probably has to do with the fact you need a license key to install it.

There were some hiccups initially with the system the first day, but a lot of people who are having problems simply don't read the email they are sent after registering/ordering, or they are trying to use fake names/addresses and etc.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -

The whole process is rather inefficient for a technology based company and too many steps. I have no problem purchasing the professional edition, but want to see what is really of any significance with the new version first, and not impressed with the process to get the free edition to test the new features/upgrades. ALSO, good thing when i registered i was near my phone as there was nothing to warn me that their would be a call made immediately to the phone number i listed with my pin number until i hit complete transaction, a message then appeared about it and my phone was ringing. Again, poor communication and inefficiency in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by gtjr08 View Post
    The whole process is rather inefficient for a technology based company and too many steps. I have no problem purchasing the professional edition, but want to see what is really of any significance with the new version first, and not impressed with the process to get the free edition to test the new features/upgrades. ALSO, good thing when i registered i was near my phone as there was nothing to warn me that their would be a call made immediately to the phone number i listed with my pin number until i hit complete transaction, a message then appeared about it and my phone was ringing. Again, poor communication and inefficiency in my view.
    Agree 100%. It's rather cumbersome to get your free copy. I had to try 3 times as 1. it gave no warning that it would need a phone number, 2. that it would call your number right away, so you need to be by your phone, and 3. I am an international customer, so the phone number I entered only worked on the 3rd time because I figured I had to add the international dialing prefix.

I did finally get my free copy and license key, and have already installed it on localhost. I am not always connected to the internet, I am at the mercy of the crappy internet service in my country, so I thought, OK, I have all that I need so I can get it all done offline. Wrong! You need to be connected so OR 3 can call home and validate the license. OK, fair enough, but I can't find this process explained anywhere, so was not ready for it.

A better option, especially for those wanting to develop on localhost first, would be to have a special localhost license that's locked to localhost. Is that possible? Is that an idea already in your thoughts? Also, maybe allow some time to validate the license key, this would give us time to play around with it without having to be online and have OR 3 calling home to validate the license key from minute one.

On to privacy issues. Do you have a privacy statement listed anywhere. What data is collected when OR 3 calls home? I'm sure many people just want to try this new version without any hassle, so having to go through this whole process is a little counter productive, and then what happens if you find OR 3 is not the right product for your needs!

Kathmandu, Nepal, 106085869430478, Kathmandu, Nepal

where is the download link for OR 3? I tried t download so many times but I couldn't , any body send me a link to download ?

99% of problems people have obtaining a copy is because they do not provide accurate and complete information, or they simply try to pass off fake information. Transparent Tech has a zero tolerance policy in such regards. The system being used is no different than what is used by a lot of software companies, with the exception that the free version is not a time-limited demo.

The information collected by the add-on only ties the license back to the person who ordered it, but I will suggest to Ryan that he post or make more visible a privacy policy, that is definitely not an unreasonable request.

Regarding the add-on needing to contact Transparent Tech for installation: This is not likely to change anytime soon, but if you have any concerns, you should contact Transparent Tech's OR sales dept at:

http://www.transparent-support.com/b...ntactsales.php

-George Carlin 1937-2008

-OR DOCUMENTATION -