Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it multilingual?

Default Is it multilingual?

I've read your blog about new version, and I have only one question - IS IT FINALLY MULTILINGUAL?

Also, what does this mean about change in license? What will be the price of license?

Default Re: Is it multilingual?

Hi

if you read the 3.0 docs it gives the answer there

http://www.open-realty.org/docs/rele...0.0/index.html
    http://open-realty.org/docs/release/...11180676144842

hope that helps

Why not simply reply to Neon and say NO?

I was Just about to do that, when I found this
    PLEASE REFERENCE THE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE REQUESTING SUPPORT

I do hope I helped out by reading the docs and putting the link to the page for Neon

" Default Language - This is the configured language. This setting is disabled until multi-language functions are completed "
    " Open-Realty® was designed with multiple language support in mind. Full multi-language support, such as having one site in several languages, is not currently supported. "
    so nothing changed regarding the multi-language, hopefully this feature will be soon available, Basically, there are translations to the language files, but only one language can be applied through site configuration, or you can use the multilanguage patch.

hm, quite disappointing - since over 4 years it was promised to come with 3.0

instead what do we get?

• blog system - that could be really cool - unfortunately it doesn't speak different languages so it's useless
    • lead system - everybody with only a little crm know how will never use that tiny one
    • ajax "web 2.0 back end" - hm - nice but not really neccessary
    • subscriptions and encryted code because of the JR guy with his unsatisfied customers - hehe, who would believe in this?

IMHO a closer look at demo does not show any serious improvement that would justify a designation in 3.0

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by moskirde View Post
    hm, quite disappointing - since over 4 years it was promised to come with 3.0

instead what do we get?

• blog system - that could be really cool - unfortunately it doesn't speak different languages so it's useless
    • lead system - everybody with only a little crm know how will never use that tiny one
    • ajax "web 2.0 back end" - hm - nice but not really neccessary
    • subscriptions and encryted code because of the JR guy with his unsatisfied customers - hehe, who would believe in this?

IMHO a closer look at demo does not show any serious improvement that would justify a designation in 3.0
    So...Exactly what have you contributed to OR over the last 4 years Mr. 3 posts since 2008?
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Thank you Albert. I saw that, but I hope that I missed something, because last few years they said that 3.0 will be finally fully multilingual. And before that they said 2.5 would be multilingual...

Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    Thank you Albert. I saw that, but I hope that I missed something, because last few years they said that 3.0 will be finally fully multilingual. And before that they said 2.5 would be multilingual...
    We waited O-R v.3 Multilingual a long time. Version 3.0.0 is released and it is not multilingual. Now lets wait for v.4 Multilingual!

But in first hand (I will be posting about it soon): Ryan kept at the core some required changes to have at version 3.0.0 a multilingual add-on. It is against Forum Rules to post about "coming in the future"... but I will take my chances and say that I am working on a multilingual add-on. Ryan has authorized to release a Beta version of this add-on as soon I have it at least with the basic functions.

I will need time. I am not authorized by doctors to be at a computer and here I am... I guess I will be fine in one or two weeks, when I will be releasing a Beta version of this add-on. So please be patient... while we don't have the add-on, play with the new version!

Notice... before starting to code this add-on, I need to update all language files at "langfiles4or" repository (I have already started - 50% of the work is done) - more than ever, we need help to keep translations updated!

[]s
    Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Hi Neon

I know but a lot of things have changed with the advent of 3.0 now. I am sure Ryan wanted to get OR 3.0 fully multilingual but the priority has changed.
    with the advent of the Professional Edition this will be much sooner now than later I feel now.