Thread: Pre purchase questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pre purchase questions

Firstly, I would like to start off my thanking OR and everyone who has contributed to the project and specifically in helping me in the past year. I also want to say I installed OR 3 in a different directory on my hosting account to try it out before making the change. So far it’s pretty cool. I love the new admin area, specifically the listing editor. However, I have a few more questions before I make the official switch and purchase the professional edition.

1. What will happen to add-ons I’m currently using on my site? I am specifically concerned about the PayPal add-on I’m using. Without it I can’t monetize my site.

2. Has tags for search fields in OR 3.0 been created so that I can rearrange search fields the way I want? I am currently using css on the search page in 2.5.8 (http://www.nyc-renters.com/index.php?pclass[]=&action=search_step_2 ) but it’s giving me a bit of trouble on property class specific searches and I’m not sure the add-on is compatible with OR 3.0.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Pre purchase questions

#1 depends on the add-on. Install it into your v3.0 free edition and check it out. Or ask the developer who made your add-on if they have updated it (or are going to) for v3.0. A lot of add-ons work fine while others need some small changes. If the code is available to you and the Author no longer wishes to support it, you could potentially fix it or have it fixed. Some add-ons simply lack the ability to be automatically installed/uninstalled by the add-on manager, but that was the case for many with v2.5.8. Add-ons that depended on the old primitive tabs built into OR's administration area need to be updated to use jQuery tools tabs or something else.

#2 See the or V3.0 docs: http://open-realty.org/docs/release/...ages_047378835

Otherwise the best place to ask questions about purchasing an OR v3.0 Pro license is via TT's OR v3.0 sales dept, you can do that from here: http://www.transparent-support.com/b...ntactsales.php
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Quote Originally Posted by nyc-renters View Post
    1. What will happen to add-ons I’m currently using on my site? I am specifically concerned about the PayPal add-on I’m using. Without it I can’t monetize my site.
    If you're using PBFlash's paypal addon, then you should check his site. He says:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: These addons have not been tested with Open-Realty® 3.0. I have no plans on making them work with 3.0. Future versions will only support CMS Realty and my Wordpress." :(

I'm not, thanks.

Hi Nyc

Just so you know.

when you go to the searchresults page and click on the Image the link is wrong.
    It takes you to the image page only page (view_listing_image page)
    The page it should go to is the listingview page

hope that helps

Default Re: search page layout

Thanks, awddesign. I didn't notice, will fix.

I'm also still having trouble getting the search pages to have a consistent look. Maybe someone here can help.
    The search page for all property classes is perfect but I'm running into problems with searches for specific property classes. I can't seem to get the css to create a uniform look. I tried creating a different search page for each property class. That works and looks great until I try searching multiple property classes where there is no results found. The page gets all messed up.

Search for all property classes: http://www.nyc-renters.com/index.php?pclass[]=&action=search_step_2
    search for a specific property class: http://www.nyc-renters.com/index.php?pclass[]=8&action=search_step_2
    search for multiple property classes: http://www.nyc-renters.com/index.php?pclass[]=8&pclass[]=9&action=search_step_2

At this point I would just like to create a separate page for no search results thats says "sorry no results were found, please try again" along with a link to the
    search pages for all property classes. However, with the code being encoded I can't make any changes to the code. Any suggestions?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: search page layout

Use an HTML meta "refresh" and place it inside the {no_search_results_block} tags and you can redirect to any page of your liking.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way