View Poll Results: Are you interested in chained selects with autosuggestions addon for backend/frontned

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, Im

18 100.00%
  • NO, I dont need it

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advanced chained select with autosuggestions in backend and frontned

Talking Advanced chained select with autosuggestions in backend and frontned

Hallo everyone,

I think that one of the often asked addons for open realty was chained selects addon.

There are some solutions for frontend, but no one hasn't created an universal addon to use in backend as well.

I decided to put my efforts and money to develop an advanced "chained select addon with autosuggestion for use in backend and frontned" of Open Realty script.

My idea is to make powerful addon that will use ajax technology to provide not only "chained selects" functionality , but also autosuggestions, like you have on google search, or facebook search.

This way, we will be able to have: Country/State/Region/City/City-area like normal text fields in OR database, and we will have separate table in our database that holds all data, and addon will do all magic for us. Everyone who already have data will be able to import those data in database using query, but also, we will have admin screen to add/modify/delete records in this table "Country/State/Region/City/City-area". So , no more mess with XML files, and codding! Now everyone will be able to use chained selects in backend and frontend, and make this great script even better.

Id like to make it generic addon, for everyone to use, so please use this thread as place to insert your feature request, your wishes and questions.

Default Re: Advanced chained select with autosuggestions in backend and frontned

What you want to do is a great idea but it would require replacing the core add and edit listing functions. Not that hard to do prior to version 3 as you could copy the core functions to the addon and make the necessary changes. With version 3 it's not that simple as the core is encoded.

Default Re: Advanced chained select with autosuggestions in backend and frontned

thanx pb for a hint. Well, my developer thinks it can be done without of core files change. maybe we are thinking about different approaches. let see when finished. yes, at the moment I have few addon ideas, all all will be developed for 2.5.8. I'm waiting for OR devs to realize promised docs with all functions and outputs in or 3, than we will modify for OR3. btw, did you got my last emails?

i agree with pbflash, chain select in back-end require core modification, core modification to enhancing "listing template editor" with field type either a field is parent or child field and how they chained the information

hmm, I understand why you think so, but lets wait to finish development. There will be NO CORE FILE CHANGES for this addon. You will only need to add (insert) js in template, and you can do that in frontend and in backend. Changing template is not CORE FILE CHANGE, as far as I know.

Addon will have its own table that holds values for chained fields, and you will be able to insert those values, like you would using "listing template editor" + many more advantage "behavior control". You can use poll above to express your interest for addon, I will contact everyone interested when addon development is finished.

Sounds a bit like my listingeditor addon that you, Bit, bought from me and never paid for. It is now a tad better, works with pre 3.0 OR, UMP and cmsrealty. No core changes are involved. I do not know whether it will work with Version 3.0 as so far I have not succeeded in installing a local version.

But, Bit, payment would still be welcime.
    Best,
    Rob

HTML Code:
    Sounds a bit like my listingeditor addon that you, Bit, bought from me and never paid for.
    that is 100% untruth! I never bought your addon! How could I bought without of payment? I remember I have tested addon on your site, and asked for possibility of customization, but you never answered to my last email messages. I have all our conversation loged. So please, don't post such lies in here. Or, maybe you mess me with someone else???!!!

Thank you.

regarding addon: I am glad you improved your version, because the one I tested on your site wasn't good enough for my needs. This is completely different approach, and has nothing similar with that what you offer. It will be not just backend but frontend as well, and it will be based on ajax mostly.

Hi,
    My sincere apologies. I was working all hours and when we were talking about the addon i had two buyers from the forum who did not pay one with a short name and along OR forum history. I muddled them up. Just went through my mail logs
    You did not buy my addon.
    It is however ajax based, always has been, and is only backend as there are several frontend ones.
    Best,
    Rob
    PS I offer you the full present addon for free as an apology if you would like it.

apology accepted!

If you have a demo of addon for test, yes Id like to test it on my test site. Maybe new improved version could satisfy my need, so no need for new addon development.

I still run 2.5.8. .

Price (payment) is not problem for me, never, if product could satisfied my need.

p.s. I think I bought an expensive addon from you very very log time ago, and never used it, as it wasn't feet my needs. And I figured out that after I payed for it . So my suggestion for everyone is, make demo (encoded demo of addon) with time limit or something else, and give people to test, before they purchase.

Regards

CSA addon update: Id like to inform everyone subscribed to this thread that CSA addon is in development phase. Our plan is to make it work with max 5 chained fields. If you think that there is need for more chained fields, pls post here your comments and suggestions.

Also, Id like to know are you comfortable with inserting field values like in OR listing field manager, like:

Code:
    value 1|value2|value3|value4
    or you would like more advanced way of doing this? Pls post your feature requests in here, or PM if you like.

Thank you.