I have the common.php file set up the way the forum explains. Everything is working fine, have two different templates running fine. But I am having the problem with the photos that others have had. I tried solutions including changing the basepath in the images.inc.php and that gives me an error as well.

Right now when I only have the common.php file modded and I am getting this error:

Warning: getimagesize(/images/listing_photos/12_house.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /child_site_path/include/images.inc.php on line 814

Warning: Division by zero in /child_site_path/include/images.inc.php on line 819

Then I went into images.inc.php and changed line 814 to use the primary path instead of the base path but that just gave me the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /child_site_path/include/images.inc.php on line 814

Any help or pointing me to a solution on the forum I missed would be greatly appreciated. The websites are on the same server. Both are using the slide show template