Thread: 500 Server Error after successful install

Default 500 Server Error after successful install

I installed OR thru Simplescripts on my host Hostmonster, then manually upgraded via the instructions in the documentation. I installed the Ioncube php.ini from the control panel and the app was up and running. I logged in added agents, set a bunch of stuff up and went home happy. I came in today and tried to start working again and when I pull up the site www.cafevino.com/highstreet I get a 500 Server Error. I tried resetting the permissions on the files, checked the common.php and php.ini files and they look OK to me. I have attached them for your review if you would like to see them. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: 500 Server Error after successful install

I had about the same issue... had to change my server php to "PHP5 (Single php.ini)" so that it saw my php.ini in each directory. Of course, I couldn't log in at all at first while you could-so maybe a different issue.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by highstreet View Post
    I installed OR thru Simplescripts on my host Hostmonster,
    OR v3.x is not installable via "Simplescripts" and must be installed manually.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

"...then manually upgraded via the instructions in the documentation"

So I sent Hostmonster an email asking if they knew what the issue was adn I didn't get a respose, however when I came back to the site today it was back up and running.

Now I've got another issue where I'm trying to install Open-Realty under a Joomla install sharing the same database so I can use CMS Realty as a single sign on solution for both systems. Everything installed smoothly and the default sites show up in the browser, but when I login and try to click into the admin area it gives me a 500 error again. I check my permissions and they looked good (755 recursive). What could it be?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by highstreet View Post
    Now I've got another issue where I'm trying to install Open-Realty under a Joomla install sharing the same database so I can use CMS Realty as a single sign on solution for both systems. Everything installed smoothly and the default sites show up in the browser, but when I login and try to click into the admin area it gives me a 500 error again. I check my permissions and they looked good (755 recursive). What could it be?
    You should post your question on the CMSRealty forums, OR is intended to be used as a standalone application, and we cannot assist you with integration with 3rd party systems here. Also, a 500 error regardless of if you are running OR or any other web application is a server error, and whatever caused the 500 error will be logged in the APACHE error logs. If you don't know how/where to view your server error logs, speak with your host.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way