Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Main images no longer showing

Default Main images no longer showing

Hi

I have been amending my style sheet and now for some reason my main image in the listing is not showing. It did work and still works on a duplicate of the site I have on another server, I have compared the style sheets from both sites and cant find where I have gone wrong....if it is the style sheet.

This is the site thats not working

http://www.costa-media.com/index.php...ew&listingID=8

This is what my style sheet has:

Code:
    /* LISTING DETAIL SLIDESHOW TEMPLATE (listing_detail_slideshow.html)
     ============================================================================ */
    #image_wrap{width:680px;margin:15px 0 15px 40px;padding:15px 0;text-align:center;background-color:#fbeed5;border:2px solid #fff;outline:1px solid #f8a605;-moz-ouline-radius:4px;}
    /* this makes it possible to add next button beside scrollable */
    .scrollable {float:left;}
    /* prev, next, prevPage and nextPage buttons */
    a.browse{background:url('{baseurl}/images/hori_large.png') no-repeat;display:block;width:30px;height:30px;float:left;margin:40px 10px;cursor:pointer;font-size:1px;}
    a.right{background-position:0 -30px;clear:right;margin-right:0px;}
    a.right:hover{background-position: -30px -0px;}
    a.right:active{background-position:-60px -30px;}
    a.left{margin-left:0px;}
    a.left:hover{background-position:-30px 0;}
    a.left:active{background-position:-60px 0;}
    a.disabled{visibility:hidden !important;}
    .scrollable{position:relative;overflow:hidden;width:680px;height:120px;border:1px solid #f8a605;background-color:#fbeed5;}
    .scrollable .items{width:20000em;position:absolute;clear:both;}
    .scrollable .items div{float:left;width:680px;}
    .scrollable img{float:left;margin:20px 5px 20px 21px;background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border:1px solid #ccc;width:100px;height:75px;-moz-border-radius:4px;-webkit-border-radius:4px;}
    .scrollable img.active{border:2px solid #000;position:relative;cursor:default;}
    I have only been really changing the colours and made a couple of amendments to the borders, am confused and totally stuck so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any help

Cheers

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Main images no longer showing

You might try running your CSS file through a validation service.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

You could have accidentally created a syntax error someplace rendering all CSS below it invalid.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I have gone through that and I do have some errors but what I just did was upload 2 backup css files and the original untouched one when originally downloaded and still no image.

I can get an image if I switch to listing view in columns or rows but instead of it bringing up the hires image it resizes the thumbnail so quality is really poor. I have no idea how this happened as I have not amended any other files

IMO, there is a bug here. After selecting slideshow listing detail template, "jquery.tools.min.js" is being loaded 2 times and seems it generates somekind of JS conflict.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

From a site that is fully working (www.mspvillaservices.com) I have copied over the main.html, listing_detail_slideshow.html, style_main.css and still the same thing happens yet it works on the mspvillaservices site.

In fact the mspvillaservices was created from a backup of the site playing up, it has only happened since i made amendments to the css file and despite restoring a backup css file it still wont work.

Its annoying really as if this was happening with the mspvillaservices site I wouldnt be bothered as I wont be having any properties on there anyway, its happened on the site i need properties to be shown.

Would upgrading to 3.0.3 do any good does anyone know? I want to keep the template as it is if possible as like it the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer100 View Post
    Would upgrading to 3.0.3 do any good does anyone know?
    As you can see at my demo site (O-R v.3.0.3): http://eduardomarques.com/orv3/index...ew&listingID=1
    It also do not work properly. The main image loads, but there are 5 thumbs and they don't scroll.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Knackers that idea then lol.

I just dont get how it was working fine one minute and then nothing the next and how an identical site which was copied from this one works fine.

Think I may look into trying the lightbox thing, I have that working on a non listing page.

I found where you were referring to the double loading of the jquery.tools.min.js

Once near the top of the page source
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.costa-media.com/include/class/jquery/jquery_plugins/jquery.tools.min.js"></script>
    2nd one about 30 lines down
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.costa-media.com/include/class/jquery/jquery_plugins/jquery.tools.min.js"></script>

I just copied over the main.html and style_main.css from the nonworking site to my working one and as you can see from the following link everything is fine

http://www.mspvillaservices.com/list...ach-house.html

Bloody hell in some ways I am glad I didnt go ahead with the payment today for my licences. I just backed up my working site and uploaded it to my new domain and guess what......it doesnt work. The site I backed up still works fine but this new one which is an exact 1:1 copy doesnt.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer100 View Post
    I just backed up my working site and uploaded it to my new domain and guess what......it doesnt work.
    You have to reissue your license at Transparent Tech whenever you move a site, there's a sticky thread in the forums here:

http://support.open-realty.org/showt...r-reinstalling
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way