Thread: Contact Agent popup Form

Default Contact Agent popup Form

Hello,

I have a question about the contact agent form.

It's interesting how when a guest views a listing and clicks on contact agent, it gives a popup where guest has to sign up as member and immediately after signing up is brought to the contact agent form.

My question is, is it possible to also have a "sign up as a agent" section in the popup AND have it so that after signing up as an agent it forwards immediately to the (listings) contact agent form?
    Discount Land For Sale.com - List Your Land For Free

This is my open-realty site, input is always greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Contact Agent popup Form

:( I hoped someone would respond by now :(

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

That is not a built-in feature presently.

Why would you want Agent sign-up to take the registrant to a Contact Agent page? Just wanting to understand this.

Using OR's hook system, you could redirect the user to the contact Agent page or any other page for that matter after the sign-up is complete with the 'after_user_signup' function.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

*Note our site is FSBO, so a member = member, but a agent is what we call simply a seller.

If I understand system correctly, a member cannot sign up as a seller using same e-mail address.

If a guest goes to the website, sees a lsiting they like, click on contact seller, they have to sign up as a member, right after signing up it right away forwards to the contact seller page. But, if later on, that member wants to list or sell there own properties, they cannot sign up as a seller using same e-mail address.

Reason I made thread is I wanted to know if its possible for .... Guest goes to website, sees a listing they like, clicks on contact seller, and than in the popup have a choice of signing up as a seller or member; (and whatever they choice after sign up it goes straight to the contact seller page)...

So using hook system only way?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by SDPGreg View Post
    If I understand system correctly, a member cannot sign up as a seller using same e-mail address.
    Correct. The only way to realistically track what a site user is doing is to make them a member first so we can store personalized info in the DB.

If a guest goes to the website, sees a lsiting they like, click on contact seller, they have to sign up as a member, right after signing up it right away forwards to the contact seller page. But, if later on, that member wants to list or sell there own properties, they cannot sign up as a seller using same e-mail address.
    Correct. All users (Agents/Members) must have unique email addresses otherwise the "forgot my password" feature would not work.

So using hook system only way?
    Not for what you want exactly. You want to circumvent having a unique email address for every user in the system. Members are not Agents nor can they become Agents using existing features. You can manually delete their Member accounts (upon request), and then allow them to sign-up again. I suppose some elaborate coding using the hook system (or an add-on) could accomplish what you want, but how often would this actually be an issue?
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Hmmmmmmmmm. I was messing around the system, and I realized it's very easy to make it so that when someone clicks "Contact Seller." A pop-up for Contact Seller happens even to a guest.

I am aware that the 'must be signed in as member to contact agent' is "synched" with the lead manager.... but...

If I simply add "First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address" to the popup contact form, I know than that it will show in the newly created first name / last name / e-mail address fields in the lead manager..

Now, using these newly created fields, is it possible to synch it with lead manager so that under lead manager it doesn't say "Unregistered" for client name and instead populates the first name / last name field there?

guys, is this v3.6? have you tried testing using gmail.com, hotmail.com and yahoo.com in from contact form? because in v2.0 contact form can't receive emails when using those 3 domains. I'm sure 100% not related to hosting provider because i tried several times on the contact form script of open auto classified ads it works perfectly.

Mr. Ryan Bonham - please give us a modified email script on v2.0. I'm planning to buy v3.6 but i want to make sure if the bugs in contact form was modified so that we can use gmail, yahoo and hotmail in from email.