Thread: SEO Friendly Multilingual Site

Default SEO Friendly Multilingual Site

Comments/critiques please

http://www.coastandcountryfrance.com

Still got the Norwegian one to redo. But is meant to be very SEF using an amended seftiger which also pulls relevant articles from db to go on search result pages + pulls map from yahoo
    ie http://www.coastandcountryfrance.com...onne-page.html

Best,
    Rob

Default Re: SEO Friendly Multilingual Site

Hi Rob,
    I like this site, how long did take you to do this site? Have you done other sites? How was three maps on the top done?

Thanks
    rpj

Hi Roya,
    Glad you like it. This site was started by another firm using joomla and the joomla or bridge, they did the three maps on the home page using image maps, Ive slimmed down the css images they used for that because they were huge, but the overall layout of the home page was theirs. However, as the owner wanted quite a few special functions, they got completely bogged down with the OR code and the OR/joomla interface . In the end the owner asked me to take over, so it is difficult to say how long the site took. I had to slim down that which they had done because it was very heavy and after that write a lot of addon script to make the site work as the owner wanted.
    It is here for people to comment on the functions rather than the look I am not good as a designer

Personally if I had started the site, I would have either done it in straight OR or in wordpress + OR. All the scripts would work just as well .

Thanks for the response, I want to use the open-realty for my idx only, I have a nice website but uses framed Idx to display the listings and I am hoping to use open-realty for the search and display etc.

my site is MODERATED - Site is not running Open-Realty per forum rules

if you do search at my current site, you will see search are not very seo friendly, so I want to convert to SEO friendly IDX. Looking at open-realty, I just do not know how long will take to set up display of the listing for each area, etc.

Roya