Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Form w/o membership requirement for O-R 3.0.x

Default Contact Form w/o membership requirement for O-R 3.0.x

Does anyone have a contact form that works with O-R version 3.0.x that doesn't require a member login?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Contact Form w/o membership requirement for O-R 3.0.x

Without the login the Lead Tracking features will not work.

Think about it, any contact form you use is going to ask the visitor for name and email address at least, so you may as well make them members at the same time.

Otherwise any PHP contact form software like formmail should work, it just won't create leads in the Lead Manager.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Actually sandking, the only info you need is an email address. Now, while the Lead Tracking will not work without setting up a membership, visitors really don't care about the Lead Tracking system. They just want a response to their question. We deal with a lot of older people in our market (we are a retirement community). These people don't want to sign up for something with a username and password.

So, while I like the addition of the Lead Tracking for those who want to join, it is not very effective from a marketing perspective unless you give your visitors the choice. I can assure you that well over 50% of our visitors would go to a competitor to get more info rather than sign up for membership. That's why we need a contact form without the need to sign up for membership.

Razorhog,

At first I felt the same way you did. But what the_sandking says does make sense to a point as well. I have a form on one of my pages but it was generated using "bluemail" which is something from my host. I have it but I don't use it. What I did was make signup only ask for first name, last name, and email address so visitors don't need to enter all sorts of info. My take on this is if they want my help, they should be willing to enter a password twice in addition to filling out the rest of the information that they would have filled out anyway when filling at the contact form. I also use crafty syntax which is a free live chat service you can install that also has a contact form built into it that you can customize.

I'm with you razorhog... I need a contact form that works without having to register. Have you found anything yet?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by creekriot View Post
    I'm with you razorhog... I need a contact form that works without having to register. Have you found anything yet?
    Simple use one of many free PHP contact forms available on the internet.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Yes... Simple for a generic contact form, but how can I pass a particular agent's email address from a link within the View Users template? The "email_agent_link" tag works only from within the Edit Listing template.

I love the new version but the lead manager has resulted in a massive drop in email contact from our website(s) due to the lead manager. It has resulted in having to convert three of our websites back to the old version, with another four to be downgraded. Since this has been done our emails have increased again. Would it not be possible for the next version to have a selection in admin as to whether we want to use the lead manager or not or if not then some help on how to setup the "new" email form to email directly to the agent?

I understand and agree with the_sandking but unfortunately business response has decreased and this has caused massive problems for us in an already globally difficult market environment.

Quote Originally Posted by domain-host View Post
    ...Would it not be possible for the next version to have a selection in admin as to whether we want to use the lead manager or not or if not then some help on how to setup the "new" email form to email directly to the agent?...
    For sure that's possible.
    While nobody asks TTECH to have it as a new feature, it will never be considered.
    If you do it, I will be HEAVILY supporting you.

While you don't have it, there is no need at all to downgrade! As SK said above, you can use any free PHP contact form available on the internet at your template files. BTW, for you to implement one of those scripts is easier with O-R v.3.x than with O-R v.2.x

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

How would this be implemented..
    I tired adding php to a page and it's just does not work..

Is there a way where I can make a page with php?